Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone,

I ride an 02 SVS. Does anyone know how many miles you can really travel once your fuel indicator starts to blink?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
suposedly, there is .9gal left when it starts to blink, and .4 then it goes on solid

don't be fooled, last week, I put in 4.0 meaing there was only .2 left, the light was still blinking, not solid yet

the one time I ran out of gas (4 years ago) seemed like my light flashed forever, I don't think I went 4 miles afer it turned on solid.

when the light comes on, get gas at your earlies convenience

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I have gone as far as 12- 13 miles after it started blinking. I do think that the indicator did start blinking faster, but I really couldn't tell. That was the last thing on my mind. This happened to me about a week ago and of course, there wasn't a gas station in sight! The whole time I was thinking.. How many miles am I going to have to walk?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Has anyone ever seen their light go to solid?

I have only been through about 3 tanks of gas and had to go about 20-25 miles after it started blinking before getting gas. My mileage is about 41 mpg. (but thats going to chang with the jet kit this weekend ;D ;D)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a bone stock '99 and my gas light starts blinking at about 95 miles. Does that sound about right? :-\

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a Micron Exhaust and other then that it is stock. I usually get about 160 Miles before my light comes on and if I take it easy I can get around 180 before the light blinks.

Sounds like you ride it hard or you have a rejet kit, although I am no expert. I am sure someone with a bit more experience will chime in here.

2.8 Gallons, 147 Miles last time I filled up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
krashman71 said:
I have a bone stock '99 and my gas light starts blinking at about 95 miles. Does that sound about right? :-\
That doesn't sound right at all. My '01 SVS gets anywhere from 140 to 170 (depending on my riding style).

·
Registered
61 Posts
The tank on my '99 has been replaced by previous owner. The bike is not originally from california. Is it possible that the new tank is a california tank that I understand is smaller? Could this affect the reading on my gas gauge. 90 miles until blinking light seems pretty bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.