SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS A BLAST!! :rock: :vroom:

big thanks to my sis for modeling my new-to-me XR100R ;D

·
Banned
296 Posts
Question, I may buy a XR250 (4 stroke, 1 cylinder).... it has 2 exhausts pipes coming out of the head on a 1 cylinder!!! WTF? Help me understand please.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Zach...you've been running on one cylinder for QUITE some time dude.

·
Banned
296 Posts
Your SV has the same set up. Two exhaust ports per cylinder. They just merge into one pipe before they exit the head.
(not to thread jack, sorry)

HUH... ??? crazy! What's the purpose vs. a larger exhaust port & pipe? I imagine if there's 2 ports, there must be 2 exhaust valves?? Sorry, I just haven't researched motorcycle engines.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
(not to thread jack, sorry)

HUH... ??? crazy! What's the purpose vs. a larger exhaust port & pipe? I imagine if there's 2 ports, there must be 2 exhaust valves?? Sorry, I just haven't researched motorcycle engines.

Yes. Two ports = two exhaust valves.

I dunno why one would go with a single exhaust or two exhaust headers. May be that the exhaust ports are far enough apart to make it better that way.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
True. I did, after all, land a government job at one point in my life.

I'm guessing a cheerleader for OSU probably has about 5 boyfriends and a dozen or so "friends with benefits", so I'm thinking that, due to the vast ammount of "competition", I'd be better off looking elsewhere.

Not trying to say your sister is a sl-t, BTW.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Athletic, blond, Big ten university cheerleader.

ya know, the stuff nobody cares about.

:hiding2:
any pics of her at the top of the pyrmaid?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts