Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had a problem with their sv650s dropping down to one Cylinder at idle. I have a 2005 and it has poor spark from 1-4000 rpms. I've taken it to a suzuki dealership and they gave me the run around just because I didn't buy it from them. This sucks. I love the bike buy running it sometimes just is awful. if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. They try clearing aut all of the fuel and replacing it. They checked the fuel lines and the air lines. Checked the battery, changed the sparkplug. Anyone know?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Check the coil wires and make sure they're securely attached to the coils, they're notorious for being loose and not making good contact.

L

·
0 Posts
jarelj said:
Check the coil wires and make sure they're securely attached to the coils, they're notorious for being loose and not making good contact.
In case Ashby wonders, this is just the sort of thing where over a certain RPM there's enough vibration to make "good enough" contact. Had a similar problem with my Sportster battery cable once.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Just to throw it in there, my '05 did the same exact thing, took it to the dealership 3 times before they figured it out. The guy ended up telling me one of the connectors was bad, kind of like what jarelj said. above 3 or 4 grand it worked fine, but at idle, 1 cyl. is hard to drive with, stalled a lot etc. I'd just have them replace the connectors, one of mine was actually bad, not loose, and it was brand new.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No matter where ya bought it, they have to service it if it's still under waranty. Don't let 'em jerk ya around, report them to Suzuki if they keep messing with ya.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im thinking i have the same problem, my bikes doesnt stall but it seems like it doesnt have the low down grunt it used to, and the bike seems to vibrate more at higher rpms.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Which cylinder is dropping, front or rear?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts