Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to check a plug on my car and realised the last time Id used my spark plug socket was changing from front cylinder spark plug on my 05 sv. Ive been riding aound like this for a while, is it worth digging it out? is it most likely a melty mess in there?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I did exactly the same on one of our cars a couple of months back. I fished it out using two long, thin screwdrivers. It hadn't melted.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
I did exactly the same on one of our cars a couple of months back. I fished it out using two long, thin screwdrivers. It hadn't melted.
You could just remove the spark plug and slide the rubber off and put it back in the socket. Then reinstall the spark plug and make sure the rubber comes out with the socket this time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had to reglue the rubber insert on my plug socket because it always did that. Quite annoying. It's not damaging anything staying on the plug as long as the coil wire goes on completely, but a pick with a small hook on it or simply remove the plug with the same socket and don't use the rubber cushion on installation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts