Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a TRS Yosh pipe and I see in the instructions there is no mention of applying hi-temp RTV at the joints? Won't it leak? And it talks about installing a locating rivet? What is the point of that? I don't have the rivet.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just got a TRS Yosh pipe and I see in the instructions there is no mention of applying hi-temp RTV at the joints? Won't it leak? And it talks about installing a locating rivet? What is the point of that? I don't have the rivet.
The rivet is just to lock the system together. It drops in a hole you drill & the clamp goes over the top. I think you'll be fine w/out it & the RTV.
You're not going to have to worry about leaks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strange. The hole shot can I had before absolutely needed RTV. Without it it was a leaking sieve.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The securing 'rivet' is more like a very sawed off nail head. There is a hole in the Yosh mid pipe where it meets the factory pipe. After you're all hooked up you drill a smaller hole though the bigger hole, drop the rivet in & install the clamp over the top. It secures the pipe, don't think it would stop leaks.

If it's a used pipe you could make the 'rivet' out a nail w/ a head that just slides into the Yosh hole, then cut it.

Otherwise I'd get a hold of Yosh or who ever you ordered it from.

Just hook it up & see what you think w/out the rivet.

So what's going on w/ the Holeshot??? Dibs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts