Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ppl I have a 05' sv650s I hope its not my clutch. When i go out for a ride on my bike my rpm's rev up and my bike wont go. it goes but barley creaps up feels like i lost torque or the clutch is slippin or i just need to tighten the cable. any ideas don't say its the clutch. so please give a new svrider out

·
Registered
111 Posts
No, shouldn't have to tighten the cable. By tightening the cable, you are disengaging the clutch which will cause the problem you are having.

If it is an new 05, take it back to the dealer. Don't screw around and void your warranty.

How many miles?

Justed started out of the blue?

Do you do a lot of burn outs?

Just trying to get a little more info to help diagnose your problem. Try and give as much detail about your problem and history. It will help cut down on someone having to post a question to you, then wait for you to respond, then them think about it, then post another question, etc.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did you change your own oil? If so ya mighta used the wrong stuff there.........

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
ParkingLot said:
Hey ppl I have a 05' sv650s I hope its not my clutch. When i go out for a ride on my bike my rpm's rev up and my bike wont go. it goes but barley creaps up feels like i lost torque or the clutch is slippin  or i just need to tighten the cable. any ideas don't say its the clutch.  so please give a new svrider out
if the engine is reving but the bie is not movinh accordingly, then your clutch is slipping, the only other thing that would cause that is the chain slipping, and that would make a ton of noise. probably just a poorly adjusted clutch unless you have really been abusing it.( wheelies & burnouts)
SV clutches can take a lot of abuse, I slip mine a lot for low speed riding and got 102k out of my original clutch

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, mine did it too (on my 03). There are three places you can adjust it. When you take off the front sprocket cover and do the adjustment there, that should fix you up. E-mail me if you'd like a scan out of the book.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well ppl i have good and bad news!!!!!
bad news it was my clutch. looks like the 05'only downfall so far is the clutches. Good news im back on the road again quick and easy fix . and for my next trick time to change out the gear

·
Registered
107 Posts
What was the verdict? Just inherently bad clutches or something to promoted it's premature failure? Kinda curious about this myself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:'( yep i guess the 05's have a poor clutch system took it out for a ride last night. Bike was friggin awsome better than when i first got it...

·
Registered
107 Posts
ParkingLot said:
:'( yep i guess the 05's have a poor clutch system took it out for a ride last night. Bike was friggin awsome better than when i first got it...
I hadn't heard anything about '05 clutches being faulty until this, I know some gixxer's are having a bad time with them on '05-'06's. Anyone else here having this problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts