Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YAHOOO!!! i thought i'd share :).

I've had my bike since August, so 9 months. :) 1,111.11 miles a month :)

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Alright. It will be run in soon :)

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Dam you ASC. I was already feeling weak enough based just on Zabrow's post. Now you have to really rub it in. Well at least my bike fires on both cylinders. :nana:

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Dam you ASC. I was already feeling weak enough based just on Zabrow's post. Now you have to really rub it in. Well at least my bike fires on both cylinders. :nana:
So does mine... above 2.5k. :thumbsup:

BTW, that pic was taken back on Thanksgiving, when I hit my 60k mark, and hit 20k in one year. After that, my battery died and things started going to sh-t with the bike. One problem after another, and I probably have only put a few hundred miles on it since then. :(

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Got mine in September, and only have a little over 1k on the clock. Reasons?

1. Poosie - I'm 47 and I have a car, so if the weather isn't great, I'm not riding
2. Even if I do ride to work, my 15 mile round trip commute doesn't add up too fast
3. Golf - It takes up big chunks of my weekends

I know you don't really care, but I still like to hear myself type.

Speaking of golf - when are we playing?

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
I don't think less of people for having low mileage. Not everyone can, or even likes, to ride every day. Especially people with families or jobs that don't allow them to be as free as others. And I don't mean that in a bad way.

My commute to work was only like 7 miles, round trip, when I first got the bike. Then it went to 6 miles, but I was riding to VA Beach alot, so that gave me about 60-70 miles a day. Now my commute is 50-60 miles every day. Throw in the occassional trip to OBX every few months, a couple trips to NY, a longer-than-expected day trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway (500miles), and a trip to Indy (1700 miles), and it adds up.

Honestly though, I don't see myself doing any more long trips on this bike. Just not enjoyable or reliable.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love riding my bike everyday. I don't think less of people who don't ride as much as others, I have no car and a 20 mile commute to work one directon 4 or 5 days a week. Not to mention mountain excursions, and random "blow-off-steam and relax" rides that last upwards of 3 hours :)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
^^^Hey I got quoted in a sig, how about that.

Good job on the 10,000 miles. I got mine in September last year and put 4,000 on it so far. I really don't think less of someone with less miles, either, although it does bug me when you plan rides with people and they drop out cause they just don't feel like it. After a while I wonder why they got a bike in the first place. /mini rant

·
Registered
835 Posts
We just got our sv late sept. and turned 11k friday. going on a third rear tire either this or next weekend and I am feelin leary about the original front. Looks like within 2 weeks the front has got to go (some cupping) which has got to be from design or roads cause pressure is kept up to par.

So, what do you project your mileage will be by the end of the year Zabrow?(don't know if you plan on riding all year or trips coming up)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Idk if i have a goal but i'm guessing i'll do close to another 10k by December now that the weather is warm I take the long way everywhere and now is prime season to go for mountain runs :) As long as we can keep the rain away, but I ride then too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts