Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW- its mega smooth deceptivly fast...This was an older model, I think it was a 98, first year for FI. Riding position is quite laid back, the steering was very light and the bike felt a lot smaller than I would have guessed. Gauges were really nice, it had an ambiant air temp, very cool. Over all the bike was really cool and I could definitly own one someday, the power on it was just so incredibly smooth....very cool bike ;D

·
Registered
270 Posts
I owned a 2000 VFR for about a year. It was a great bike. Very smooth and comfortable too. The centerstand was awesome and the single side swingarm made adjusting your chain a absolute breeze. Oh and you can still wheelie them quite easy. ;D

·
Registered
60 Posts
A friend of mine just bought one and absolutey loves it. All I keep hearing about is how smooth the motor is. Hopefully I'll get to try it out soon.

G

·
I plan on getting a brand new one next summer :p Next year has white as a color option, looks fantastic instead of red VFR #16,456 on the road.

·
Registered
551 Posts
i thought they were 750's up till this year? ???

·
Registered
270 Posts
There are a different sizes VFR 250, 500, 700, 750 and 800s. For the most part since 1998 they have been 800cc.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
My dad has an 02 VFR. That bike is a beautiful piece of work. Very smooth and powerful. I hope he gives it to me one day. :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
i would love to own one, unfortunately Rider Insurance in NJ, classifieds it as a liter sportbike :( ???

·
Registered
254 Posts
kevinb120 said:
How does a V5 work??  ???
Magic!

Actually I'm not sure how the firing orders go but the configuration is like your conventional V motor but one bank has 3 cylinderrs and the other bank has 2 cylinders.

G

·
If i'm not mistaken which I very well could be, the RC211V or whatever Honda's MotoGP bike is, uses a V5, so the engine exists, i think it's more making the power streetable.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
girlfriend and I took a ride on a 92 750 model this past July. Was a great bike even with about 60K miles on it. Only complaints were the stock seat.... the pillion seat was pushed too far back for grilfriend to hold on around my waist and she had to hang on to a sissy bar like thing the owner had on back for strapping luggage on.

I had missed a few good deals on some 93-95 models on ebay... but I do worry about the CDI issues with those bikes. I have read many reports from guys that have been on trips and burnt up the little box because it gets so hot especially on long rides. That and if you get anything newer than 2001... they have the V-tec which is very costly for valve checkups unless you do yourself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts