Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new Roadsmarts and now I am wondering what pressure people have been using. My tire shop put about 32 front and rear. This is for street use.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
30/30 for me
dpends on riders weight i think. use whatever psi makes your tires warm
You run 30psi in your rear RoadSmart tire on the streets?? Really??

·
Registered
680 Posts
33/36 on mine for street. Going to track for first time soon, and I'll probably copy gerard's 30/32 there.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I ran a set last season on the street at 36/42 (quite high).

Still had good "stick", and very even/low wear after 13,000kms.

I usually dropped to 34/38 for twisties, etc.

Regards,
Darryl

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I use the 33/36 as indicated by manufacturer on the D220s.
The 30/32 just gives me a better gripped feeling.
You might want to experiment with different pressures.
Find what suits you best...
36/42......!? [email protected]!!!!
Riding on stones.. Whatever feels right, right?

·
Registered
375 Posts
36/42......!? [email protected]!!!!
Riding on stones.. Whatever feels right, right?
LOL, yeah, I know, they are hard as rock at 36/42!

Last season it helped to give some "feel" to the stock suspension which apparently(sarcasm) wasn't set up well for my fat a$$ (235 w/o gear).

This season, with the new shock (ZX14) and fork springs (.95 Sonics), along with now weighing 210lbs, I will probably try running 33/36 or less!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I ran 2 sets at 34f and 36r with excellent grip wet, dry, cold, or hot. When I did a trackday on them I would drop the psi to 30-30 recomended by the dunlop rep. I only got 4k miles from the front, and 6k from the rear, though I probably could have eeked a little more out. This set I'm trying at 36f 38r to see if millage improves, but they don't feel quite as good at those psi. Grip is still there though. I ride very hard all the time. Twisties r 5 min from my house, and I don't even take off from stop lights easy. I love to drag knee, and scrap my toe sliders and pegs sometimes. Love these tires, but sometimes wish for a bit more millage. I'm 181 no gear with intiminators and a 636 rear shock

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Whatever the factory suggests.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts