Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking a weekend trip to Athens, Ohio.(weather permitting) I am visiting some friends at Ohio University. I wanted to kinda kill two birds with one stone and on the way back ride a couple cool twisty roads. I pass through Logan coming home on 33. Does anyone have any suggestions for fun twisty roads that aren't too challenging? I know a couple people on this site are familiar with that area. I would post this under that region but nothing gets the attention of the main message board. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You are going to be in riding heaven down there!!!!  (It's my normal stomping grounds!!!)  I HIGHLY recommend getting up early and taking as much time as possible to check everything that is around there.  Off of Rt. 33 from Lancaster to Logan to Nelsonville to Athens virtually any road you take will be something good.  I am planning a get-together of riders at Hocking Hills (about 4 miles south of Logan on Rt. 664) at Noon this Sunday the 23rd.  We'll be hanging around from noon to at least 2pm in between riding that area.  See post in NC or click here.  http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=49866.0 Stop at a gas station or Barnes and Noble and pick up a SE Ohio specific map, stop on by and we'll give you all kinds of goodies (roads) to choose from. 

But if you can't make it, here are some roads that are a must ride. 

Out of Logan, Ohio
664 North or South
56 Mostly east
Illesboro Rd
Big Pine Rd

Out of Nelsonville, Ohio
278 South
78 East FOREVER (yummy)
691 S (although the last time had a lot of gravel so I was pretty pissed about that otherwise it's an awesome road)

Out of Athens, Ohio
I gotta get my map out but some that come to my head are
and more. 

Seriously, grab a SE Ohio map.  That will be your best friend to find some good twisties down there!  I only touched on a few of the ones that come to my head.  I need to look at my map that's covered in orange highlighter!  :D  Have fun...and don't be afraid to stop by on Sunday if you can.  I'm on a Black YZF600R (yeah weird, I know...I just met this group at the SV rally so they suckered me into joining)!  ;D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks NinjaGirl. I'll try to get a map from the Barnes and Noble at OSU. That would be cool to ride with people that know the roads, plus riding alone in unfamiliar territory isn't the safest thing. I'll do my best to make it. Thanks for the invite.

·
Registered
336 Posts
hey jiff, you go to osu? I've got my '03 copper svs down here on campus. i've only seen 1 blue k5 naked. I might be down for joining a ride this weekend.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
If I'm not too sore from my *ahem* procedure on Fri., I'll definitely be down.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PM sent Owndjoo. Man from the posts I've read I'm really gonna be outclassed at this get-together. Owndjoo is a bona fide racer, NinjaGirl and her friends have skills on their I4 bikes. I better be my own rider or end up on my a$$. Isn't there any noobies going to this event?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jiff84 said:
PM sent Owndjoo. Man from the posts I've read I'm really gonna be outclassed at this get-together. Owndjoo is a bona fide racer, NinjaGirl and her friends have skills on their I4 bikes. I better be my own rider or end up on my a$$. Isn't there any noobies going to this event?
Sure there will be, but you gotta remember...it's not a race, nor are there any trophies at the end of the day...only bills to pay if you crash your baby. 

Not a single one of my friends who I ride with will think any less of you because you may fall back or are not as skilled as the rest of us and there is no shame in that at all.  The only shame is if you try to keep up for fear of looking like a "wimp" or something and then us have to come back and pull your bike out of a ditch.  My first ride with a group in the twisties I ended up in a ditch.  You don't want to be like me.  No one gets left behind, ride your own pace and you get to go home in one piece with a big smile on your face after riding some killer roads...and realizing that commuting at OSU is boring and you need to get out more.   ;D  You can't expect to be good on roads like what SE Ohio has to offer if all you're used to is OSU cobble-stones...it's a completely different type of riding and one that your SV was made to do.

Do not worry about anything at all, just come out, meet some fellow sportbike riders and learn a few things.  You won't regret it so long as you keep yourself in check.  Bring a map of SE Ohio!  ;) 

1 - 12 of 12 Posts