Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What better way to enjoy the beautiful weather we're going to have this weekend than to ride up to Robbinsville, meet a friend or two from SVRider, and go exploring roads throughout TN, NC, SC, and GA? Gertjan's staying home and holding down the fort so that I don't worry (as much) about the horses while I'm gone. :)

All packed up and ready to go! I'll post pics throughout, provided I remember to stop and take some :D

And let's hope the helmet cam I've rigged up works. :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
went skiing last weekend in Boone nc, all I could think about was how fun those mountain roads would be on the sv. Have fun be safe.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Enjoy, and ride safe! :thumbsup:

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
you can almost see the black mark i left on your driveway ;D

Have a great trip!

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Arrived safely at Two Wheel Inn about 3:30.

Obligatory photo at the beginning of the Dragon :D

Obligatory photo at the end of the Dragon :)

Another photo. Ranger01 had texted me her ETA, so I waited for her and took more pics.

And tucking the bikes in for the night :)

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Looks like fun so far :)

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We were up and ready to ride at 8am this morning! :) K hadn't ridden into N. GA, so we decided to make the N. GA loop today, before all the traffic shows up tomorrow.

We rode up to CROT for breakfast, but the cafe is only open for lunch right now. We picked up some snacks from the shop and then headed for the Cherohala. I haven't been up since June of last year - they've paved the NC side and it's niiiiiiiiice. I used to hate that tight section because of the road conditions, but now it's great.

We were moving along at a nice pace. All three of us ride at about the same pace, so that was nice. We got up above 4500 and were in the clouds. I couldn't see the rider in front of me, and she was only three bike lengths ahead in a high viz suit! :eek: It was also very windy. Temp was pretty chilly (for me), but not too bad. The higher we went, the thicker it got. On the descent, I noticed snow over in the trees. Thankfully we didn't find it in the road until after we got out of the clouds. Good thing, because it covered both lanes in a couple of patches. We crept through and got onto the southern side of the mountains and the road was clear.

Stopped in Tellico Plains for brunch and a visit at the Tellico Motorcycle Outfitters. Great folks there. Tons of Olympia gear, I was drooling. And they'll ship it for free!

I took the lead from there down 68 and then 60. Just as we got into GA, K realized her shift pedal was dangling! :eek: We pulled over, she busted out her tools, and fixed it within a few minutes.

I lead them further down 60 to Suches. The gravel showed up just after crossed Suches Creek. It wasn't TOO bad, but I don't like it, so it was a speed limit ride to TWO. They weren't open yet, so we took a few pics instead. We took a little break there, met a rider from Albany on his HD and chatted for a bit, and decided we weren't going to try to make it over to Warwoman Road as we were all starting to feel the ride by then.

We stopped at the rock pile, left a few rocks, and said hi to Todd.

We passed Turner's Corner, went up the top of Blood Mountain, then headed back for Robbinsville via 129. Just as we turned off of 19/129 onto 129, we ran into a driver's license check. That was a surprise because I was just about to romp on it exiting the corner before where they were setup. I spotted them in time. We made it back right at 5:45.

The day was a little chillier and cloudier than I had hoped for, but was still a good ride with good roads and good friends :)

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Nice write up, so are you gonna come back in June to show us all these great roads? ;D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts