Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I use the Slime 'Power Sport Smart Spair Kit' as shown Below

I also have a 12v outlet fitted to use the compressor and charge cell phone, etc easier. Never need to go to the gas station to air tires either. I can do that anywhere now.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
all the recommedation I have seen say to stay way from CO2, you always need one more cartridge than you have on hand to inflate to full pressure

there are many small compressors now that take up no more space than several co2 cartridges, you can pump air till the cows come home, inflate as may tires as you have plugs for

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
No CO2. I used 3 containers and it didn't get my tire to 10lbs. I carry the Slime pump and plugs similar to the StopNGO you linked (got mine from www.Aerostitch.com). The pump is a must unless you carry a compact bicycle pump.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I keep a slim bicycle pump tied to the inside of my sub frame. I would like to get that slime kit, but I just can't find room for it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is having a twelve volt power plug installed on the bike required for use of the slime compressor? If so, how difficult is that to set up?

Msurk

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I keep a slim bicycle pump tied to the inside of my sub frame. I would like to get that slime kit, but I just can't find room for it.
I know what you mean about room but with my hard side and top cases I can always make room by removing a 1/5 of Jack ... oh hell no, what was I thinking, better make that throwing out some of the SO's gear :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Is having a twelve volt power plug installed on the bike required for use of the slime compressor? If so, how difficult is that to set up?

Msurk
You can take the leads from the compressor and put on aligator clips and just place directly on the battery if you like.

it is extremely easy to wire in the power plug. two wires (with fuse) and some routing to where ever you want it.

Also, CO2 cartridges suck. you'd need so many to properly inflate a rear tyre that it's cheaper and easier to just have a compressor wired in.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I hard wired my slime to the battery and leave the plug under the pass. seat(no unbolting the rider seat) this way I can just pop off the rear seat and plug the compressor in. The kit comes with that option for battery hard wiring. Since I am using a home brew distribution block I clipped off the OE ends and did like so.
original

what I changed the terminal ends to

so they would fit this

now just a plug and play affair

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yeah, well if I could just keep my horn relay from burning up I'd be good. I think I buggered up by running it constant HOT????
The dist block is @ Radio shack for around $4-5

·
Registered
13 Posts
I carry a Stop & Go tire plugger... the first one shown.

http://www.stopngo.com/motorcycle.asp

I haven't had to us it on my bike.... yet, but have plugged a tire on my van, and the rear tire of a friend's Goldwing. It's a good idea to practice using it before you actually need it.

Also, I carry an Airman Sparrow pump. It is big and takes a while to pump a tire to full pressure (it was cheap), but I guess all small compressors take a while.

MCN likes the Slime pump:

http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/features/Novpumpstest.pdf

jb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts