Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
wow talk about go big or go home...
thats one helluva track for a first track day. hell i didnt even know Road A did trackdays. if you dont mind me asking how much does it run?

depending on which course you run, good luck and have fun.
if they make you run the chicane of death (turn 3 chicane) there is new curbing there, if you go over the curbing on the exit of 2 make sure you're straight up and down and not doing anything to disrupt the bike or it will put you on your head.

if they make you run the new chicane of death (turn 4 chicane) all i can say is good luck. i never ran it but heard its garbage *you guys probably wont be running it*

if you get to run turns 3 and 4 unaltered from the main track congrats, not many people get to ride that on a bike. let us know how that is.

turn 7 is a little tighter than it looks

turn 8 doesnt matter, turn 9, like turn 8 is also considered part of the back straight
turns 10A & B are fun

if you get to run the old turn 12 that is a boat load of fun
if you run the new turn 12, there is a bit of a dip at the apex that if you hit it wrong gives you a bit of a jolt.

there is your novice look at road atlanta
if you take anything away from this, take this advice
have fun

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a NESBA event. $200. I'm doing the beginner class and plan to take it easy.

Thanks for the breakdown. Gonna be fun!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I'm doing the below date at RA. What a DEAL ! ! !

Where: Road Atlanta
When: Monday, June 29
Price Pre-reg: $120
Price Walk-On: $150
Price to take the Bargy Race School: $400 for the day

Limited to 40 riders per group (At Road Atlanta, this isnt many)
There will be 4 groups: SCHOOL, novice, intermediate, advanced.

Gate fee $5.00 day of the event

Full air fence coverage and the professional flag group "FBF" working the corners.

Sign up early to be sure of a spot! At this price, i have a feeling its gonna sell out quick!

Go here to sign up: www.edbargyracingschool.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
(06/29/09, Road Atl) That sounds like a great opportunity. If you're new to track days, by all means, take the Bargy School. It's well worth it. It's also nice to have all the airfence in place from the weekend's Wera races. Good peeps, Wera and Bargy School.

wera #61, sv650

·
Registered
26 Posts
I may be there with a friend who is riding saturday. I really can't afford it right now and didn't get my membership in on time to register.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I hope they let you run the original turn 12. It is the single most fun corner on any track i've been to. Coming out of the shadow from under the bridge and practically falling off the face of the earth is something to remember! Short shift at the top, pin the throttle and enjoy the ride.

I took a glance down at the speedo as i entered the front straight and it read 128mph (on an SV). 125mph at full lean with a big grin on my face!!!!

I haven't run the new turn 12 configuration. Just from looking at it, it has to suck by comparison. (but i get the safety reasons for the alteration.)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
the old t12 was about 110 mph, from radar gun readings.

the new t12 really isnt that bad. its really hard on the brakes, much harder than even t10. it really takes a good front end, and it adds another passing zone.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way -- track day was awesome. So awesome in fact that i brought home a new family member yesterday -- a 2009 R1.

I was tired of the entire group smoking me on the straights...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts