Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I apologize if this is a repost. I searched but found nothing here. I thought it was pretty nifty so I wanted to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5cemxK0W-g&feature=related

inventor's thread on fireblades.org

"Hi ppl heres my new patented Bike Hoist. All steel (10kg) foldable, fits in boot. Lifts both wheels 15mm for tire warmers, shock and wheels can be removed. Bike can be parked in 8 seconds without getting off it or using anytools. Heres a Youtube vid of the hoist being used at Phillip Island
YouTube - Ripperton Bike Hoist
Available in any colour (black is standard) $440 (AUD) gst inc. Hoist must be adjusted to fit the bike and then probably wont fit other bikes. Strong enough for all liter bikes with rider. Channel suits 120 front tires and must be modded for smaller tires"

Cheers,
Mike

edit: based on today's exchange rate, that's $315.30 USD

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
I didn't try the link, but did a search and found it.

Ingenious. I'm impressed.

Every time I think that I'm a mechanical genius, something like this comes along and proves that I'm not quite at the genius level. Maybe advanced moron. :p

·
Registered
522 Posts
Wow. That would amazing to have.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from the guy in the video. he patented the design and sells them. i guess you could contact him through his youtube account.

edit: he has his email posted on his info: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
That is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
789 Posts
probably costs $400 ;)

*edit*
didn't read entire OP. saw the price later.
So, since it seems like it's coming from AUS, $300+shipping @ 22lb. How much would that be?

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
that is sweet

·
Registered
15 Posts
I dont think these would work easily on our bikes.

It looks like the back of the bike is supported on the footpegs (?), and ours fold up. Maybe it would work if we flipped them everytime.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts