Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a word of advise: Be careful who you send money to. I bought a master cylinder for my SV for $60 shipped. Never heard from him again. He refuses to answer my emails too. I'm not naming names, just advising people to be careful.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
you should name names. might prevent someone else from being ripped off by the same person. or maybe the guy was in an accident.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Yes, if you have exhausted all avenues, time to name names. Look at it this way: You are helping the SVR community. If the seller has an excuse, at this point the onus is on him to come forward. Don't call him names, speculate, or start any rumors; just give us the facts.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Go ahead and name Names. There have been entire threads about deadbeats and scammers who were members. Just be certain you have your facts right or there will be blowback.

:happy1:

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
List the name and dispute it asap with paypal (if you used them), don't let this happen to someone else

I might have a spare master cylinder somewhere, pay for shipping and ill send it to you. N or S?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Go ahead and name Names. There have been entire threads about deadbeats and scammers who were members. Just be certain you have your facts right or there will be blowback.

:happy1:
Plus, you've already gone as far as to start a thread regarding being ripped off by some anonymous member. You've essentially told us you've got a secret (that's relevant to the community) that you're not going to share.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
List the name and dispute it asap with paypal (if you used them), don't let this happen to someone else

I might have a spare master cylinder somewhere, pay for shipping and ill send it to you. N or S?
N. It's an N. I'll try to dispute it with Paypal, but I think I waited too long.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Plus, you've already gone as far as to start a thread regarding being ripped off by some anonymous member. You've essentially told us you've got a secret (that's relevant to the community) that you're not going to share.
Agreed. "Be careful who you send money to" is not very helpful advice.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know what his acct name is. I tried to find it in my old email, but all i can come up with is his email address.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Better than nothing. Thank you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't know what his acct name is. I tried to find it in my old email, but all i can come up with is his email address.
Sorry for the misfortune dude. $60 isn't chump change, but perhaps it could have been a lot worse? Sorry, I've never been very good at consoling people.

Domiken seems to be willing to help you out, maybe that's the silver lining?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True. I shouldn't have put up with his girlfriend. But I needed a master cylinder badly (still do) and he said his was in excellent condition, so I jumped on it. My bad.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
let's just get a name already. not like we have the money to throw away on non-existent parts.
Yeah, I'd love to know his name too. I was all excited about buying a master cylinder and neglected to get his name. All I have is his email address, and that's his girlfriend.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Where did you find the for sale ad? Or did you post WTB?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts