Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the last 5 years I have had the pleasure of traveling all over the country with a friend named Mark Moyer. Mark was a moderator on rideohio.org (his screename and the name most called him by was Passinthru) and one of my closest friends.
This past weekend we were at his house preparing for a weekend ride around WV. Mark had a massive heart attack. I performed CPR on him for over 10min until the paramedics got there but he was non responsive and passed away.
Mark and I had ridden an estimated 60,000+ miles together and you couldn't have asked for a better person to be a friend. Mark's passion for riding was something to behold. Never asking any more than my presence, he was an excellent rider, a loving father to his daughter Kayla and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.
If any of you have ever paid attention to pictures I posted from my rides, Mark's bike was the silver Kawasaki ZZR1200 that was in most pictures I took on these rides.
He will be dearly missed by all that had the distict pleasure of meeting him or riding with him.
He and I were planning a two week trip to the Dakotas and Wyoming next month.

Now I once again ride alone. RIP Mark. I love you buddy.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss...We never know how much time we have, looking back, I try to be glad about all the happy times i've had so far...and the people i've met along the way.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
RIP, thats awful, things like this often happen without warning and theres really nothing more you can do about it at the point, unfortunately.

How did you know he was having a heart attack? Did he suddenly just collapse or what?

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RIP, thats awful, things like this often happen without warning and theres really nothing more you can do about it at the point, unfortunately.

How did you know he was having a heart attack? Did he suddenly just collapse or what?
I was in the garage working on the SV. He had said earlier that he didn't feel well because he ate too much at a buffet with his father, and was gonna take a nap.
His daughter came into the garage maybe a half hour later in a panic saying her Dad had came into her bedroom saying he needed to go to the hospital and then passed out. When I got to him he was sprawled out face down on the floor of her bedroom. When I rolled him over to check him out he was purple and gagging on his tongue. I cleared his tounge and began CPR. He took a few gagging breaths while I worked on him. The paramedics asked us to leave the room while they worked. They worked on him for over 30 minutes before taking him away, still non-responsive. We were told later they couldn't revive him and that it was a heart attack.
I did what I could and it wasn't enough.

As Mark was an organ donor, the services will be delayed a few days. The funeral will most likely be this Wed. and there wil be a memorial ride that day ending at the burial. His brother Rex will be riding the ZZR.
There are a few SVrider members that knew Mark well and have ridden with him before. I will post whatever details I have here, and on the thread at Rideohio.org. They are also taking donations there to help out his daughter.

This has made me re-evaulate a lot of things in my life. Some things have GOT to change.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this, Dan. You were just speaking about him last week, I recall.
My condolences to his family.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Make sure you keep remembering the good times and he sill continue to live on in your heart.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

Paste a pic of him on your handlebars, he'll always be riding with you.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts