Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Do you like the looks of rim tape?

1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I have rim tape, but it's so subtle you don't notice it at all unless it reflects (which is why it's there).

Whatever floats your boat, though. I think it'd be better to get reflective than not.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
It all in personal preference as stated before.. IMO subtle = good. I have a friend with a black bike/black wheels with white rim tape, doesn't look good since nothing else on the bike is white.

·
Registered
367 Posts
You know, I always seem to see the rim tape on black wheels. I'm wondering how they would look on my '01 silver wheels. Hard to visualize. Anyone have any photos of a silver wheeled SV with rim tape?

·
Registered
854 Posts
That's cool. I'm just curious to see how it looks close up, since it is subtle on your pic from the side (that's also a bit blurry :p) Dirty is fine.

Thanks in advance if you can take one.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I was able to sneak out for a moment during lunch. Phone camera pic, so not very good but hey.

I picked the black because the silver wouldn't match. Because it's reflective, it is extremely subtle and the eyes pass over it even during the daytime.

(And yes, I know I'm missing my valve stem cap.)

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
FYI, I got them from tapeworks.com. Easy install, just take your time and follow the instructions. They've been on for over a year now and no problems whatsoever in the heat/cold (heh 120F-28F) and rain.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does the tape survive a commercial tire change? I have not had to replace tires, but I have heard of rims getting scratched, so I thought the tape too.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
i've only gone through one commercial tire change, and the only thing that the stripes suffered was grease but just washed it off, also i'm in texas so there for it gets retarded hot and they've survived so far, its almost been about ummmm 8 months i think.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What about washing the bike? Do any chemicals that you might use damage the tape? I picked up some tape earlier this week and that's my only concern.

1 - 20 of 286 Posts