Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Do you like the looks of rim tape?

1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I have rim tape, but it's so subtle you don't notice it at all unless it reflects (which is why it's there).

Whatever floats your boat, though. I think it'd be better to get reflective than not.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
It all in personal preference as stated before.. IMO subtle = good. I have a friend with a black bike/black wheels with white rim tape, doesn't look good since nothing else on the bike is white.

·
Registered
367 Posts
You know, I always seem to see the rim tape on black wheels. I'm wondering how they would look on my '01 silver wheels. Hard to visualize. Anyone have any photos of a silver wheeled SV with rim tape?

·
Registered
854 Posts
That's cool. I'm just curious to see how it looks close up, since it is subtle on your pic from the side (that's also a bit blurry :p) Dirty is fine.

Thanks in advance if you can take one.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I was able to sneak out for a moment during lunch. Phone camera pic, so not very good but hey.

I picked the black because the silver wouldn't match. Because it's reflective, it is extremely subtle and the eyes pass over it even during the daytime.

(And yes, I know I'm missing my valve stem cap.)

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
FYI, I got them from tapeworks.com. Easy install, just take your time and follow the instructions. They've been on for over a year now and no problems whatsoever in the heat/cold (heh 120F-28F) and rain.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does the tape survive a commercial tire change? I have not had to replace tires, but I have heard of rims getting scratched, so I thought the tape too.

1 - 20 of 286 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.