Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to ride w/ a helmet locked in the rear seat helmet lock. I will be riding from ny to philly and want to bring my girls helmet along w/ me locked in the rear seat hinge lock mechanism thingy.. Good Idea or Bad idea????????

·
Registered
32 Posts
i think it would be ok. i see squids do it all the time - flip flops, tank top and no helmet on their head, but one strapped to the side. you could also run down to yall-mart and get a bungee net so the helmet would be centered on the back. - jeff h

·
Registered
231 Posts
I believe in your Suzuki Owners Manual, its stated not to do that. Like others have said use a cargo net or bungee it real good on the rear pillion seat.
Cheers! 8)

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
it will scuff the hell out of your paint riding that distances. i recomend putting a layer of painters tape between the bike and the helmet if your doing to do it

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
the only time i do it is when i bring my woman her helmet, but she only lives like 2 miles down the road. if im not shifting, i have my hand on, so yeah, i dont feel so comfortable with it there

·
Registered
21 Posts
i didn't want to make a new topic, but if i were to get a rea seat cowl for 03, can the rear seat still be used as a helmet lock?

·
Registered
42 Posts
if you get an oem suzuki cowl there is a cutout on the left side that will let you still use one of the helmet lock hooks. not sure about other cowls though

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
kingnothing said:
I would get a cargo net and strap it to the rear seat.  just my .02
+1 - It will scratch your tail plastics is you dont have protective film.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nudist said:
+1 - It will scratch your tail plastics is you dont have protective film.
+2....ask me how I know :-[

·
Registered
679 Posts
+3

i usually flip it around, lock the d-ring under the seat then flip the helmet up (shield facing forward, normally) and bungee the other side to the passenger peg

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
The worst thing is the extreme wear it puts on the strap where the D-ring passes through. And yes, the helmet will bang up the tailpiece.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts