Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I didn't know where to put this question.

I'm looking for a riding shoe, above ankle but not boot that looks more like a shoe than a motorcycle boot. I ride everyday and I don't really want to carry around my full sized boots and a pair of shoes to work.

Does anyone know of a decent riding shoe that would do normal protection as well as my ankles that looks good with casual clothing and is comfortable to walk around in?

I saw this guy riding a while back with some that looked really good but I couldn't tell what they were, I was thinking it had something along the lines of element X or something like that on the side of the shoe. I've searched and searched and cannot find this mystery shoe.

Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I wear a pair of sketchers low top leather work shoes that come up above the ankle. They were like $59.00 and are plenty comfortable to walk around in.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't want to ride around with the same shoes as another SV rider :nana:, I'd like to have something original ;D.

As for google I've looked all over, I can't seem to find the element x shoe that I thought the rider was wearing, I was wondering if any of you had any ideas.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Check out newenough.com, they have several pairs of short riding boots that will probably fit your description. I like the Sidi ones, but still prefer the full boots.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
If you care at all about safety, get a full motorcycle-specific boot. There are many comfortable motorcycle boots to walk around in.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would not compromise too much in the boot department. I used to just ride in lace up georgia boots ,and felt that was enough protection! I still don't wear a full height boot, but I opted for a pair of alpinestar tech 2 boots. The stiffness of a true bike boot will annoy and feel weird at first, but after broken in, feel just fine. You feel so much more secure with this type of boot on. And its true.
www.alpinestars.com/Tech_2_Boot/pd/np/112/p/201807.html

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have two pairs of riding "shoes", A pair of Shift Fuel Street Shoes and a pair of Sidi Street Burners.

The Fuels look more like shoes, lace up and have a Velcro strap to secure the laces. Hard to put on and off. They're like a sneaker-boot thing, the controls feel numb through them. Wore 'em during my starter-bike GS500f days.

The Sidi Street Burners suprised me alot, and I reccomend them if you choose not to go with a fuller boot. The replaceable toe sliders are really handy, I'm halfway through the ones that came with mine. After they broke in they felt like a very comfy pair of low boots that I found as easy to walk in as a pair of canvas shoes. The ratchet closure and the straps keep your feet glued to the bottom of the boot, giving you a feel you wouldn't believe- the boots are really short versions of Sidi Vortice boots.

Honestly, if you want short boots for whatever reason, get the sidi street burners. Personally, I ride so much that I'm going to change to a full boot.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I bought these TCX SS boots this winter with the intent to have some sort of ankle protection. Better than my work and hunting boots I was wearing before. I have been wearing them ever since. They are very light seem to have pretty good protection and are not uncomfortable to walk around in. The most I have been off the bike with them on has been maybe 45 min. Other than when I first got them and wore them around the house for a couple hours. No aches and pains from the day I bought them. For the price and the type of riding I do they fit the bill.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/TCX_SS_Performance_2_Racing_Boots--617315.html

·
Registered
740 Posts
does not exist.
This, but you can get close.

Fuel

Doha

If you don't care about ankle protection, or you need something extremely walkable for certain rides/excursions, driving shoes work well because they are designed not to snag, are form-fitting, and are normal to walk in.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
This, but you can get close.

Fuel

Doha

If you don't care about ankle protection, or you need something extremely walkable for certain rides/excursions, driving shoes work well because they are designed not to snag, are form-fitting, and are normal to walk in.
a motorcycle boot should protect your foot AND ankle.

those miss requirement #2 by about a mile.

·
Registered
740 Posts
a motorcycle boot should protect your foot AND ankle.

those miss requirement #2 by about a mile.
Read. I covered that in my post.

That's why I mentioned the lack of ankle protection for driving shoes. Also, the two links do have ankle protection in exchange for less walkability and a less-standard appearance.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I have A* Stunt shoes that I wear on rare occasion.

How about the Slash?

Zack, are you looking for ankle protection from impact and abrasion or flex and dislocation?

There are shoes that apply the first two, the second 2 are less likely.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Read. I covered that in my post.

That's why I mentioned the lack of ankle protection for driving shoes. Also, the two links do have ankle protection in exchange for less walkability and a less-standard appearance.
I understand that you qualified those choices. It was my point that unless a person wears something that supports the ankle, they are wasting their time.

Zack, are you looking for ankle protection from impact and abrasion or flex and dislocation?

There are shoes that apply the first two, the second 2 are less likely.
All of the above.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts