Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your opinion, what are some good riding pants that will take a knee scuff, but that are (almost) plain enough to wear when not on the bike?

I am really no trusting the icon jeans I got. I know they'll take better care of me than normal jeans, but... not back roads abuse.

On the other hand, I don't want to be walking into a mall with racing pants.

alternatives?

1- find some pucks to put under the icons, for a jsut in case kinda thing

2- racing pants like in the movie torque (24/7), at the expense of looking like a wreckless rider to everyone.

3- risk it with the icons?

Q

·
Registered
46 Posts
Removable overpants. No pucks, but you will have good protection with CE armor at knees and possibly hips.

Only downside is that you will have to either lock them to your bike (not very secure) or bring a bag to store them away.

You could also wear armor underneath your jeans such as the icon field armor (dont really trust icon though) or, for instance, the dainese summer underpants (a perforated lycra like material that wicks perspiration and contains pockets for CE armor in the knees and hips.)

I have the dainese underpants and feel much safer in them. However, they (1) are really hot in the summer to wear under pants and (2) the armor in the knees is visible a little bit when walking around.

I think overpants are the best bet for overall safety so long as you dont mind carrying a bag around to put them in. I am considering buying a cable lock to lock them to the bike and them put a cover over the whole bike when I go places.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I would concur with removable overpants. Mesh (many brands) is a good compromise between safety, comfort, and cost.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Overpants

Just pass your cable lock through them and leave them on top of the bike. I do that often with both my pants and my jacket. I carry my helmet and gloves.

BTW, wreckless means you have not had a wreck. Driving or riding in a careless or dangerous manner is "reckless".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts