Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pair of Icon pants w/o a lot of research. waist fit good, but the length was sort of short. Now after a couple washes, the waist is still good, but it looks like I am waiting for a flood & when I ride they really ride up over my boots. BUT as I research now, all manufactures(Icon, A*, & JR) must be like this. With inseams of 31 & 32, do they just make pants for short people? They make waist sizes up to 40, but inseam only gets as big as 33. I'm not tall, I'm 6'0 180, but i like my pants a tad longer & especially when I ride I hate it when they ride up & wind gets up my pants. So if anyone knows of pants with a long inseam, let me know.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think most mfgs make them to be tucked inside riding boots and thats why they are shorter than most pants.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same problem - 32 waist, 34 inseam. Look for a company that makes tall sizes. I've had good luck with Firstgear; I have both granite nylon overpants and Sport Tour leather overpants I use for weekday commuting. The Joe Rocket Blaster/Speedmaster leather pants are longer too. I have a pair of the Blasters for weekends.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
I have a size 36 waist pair of Fieldsheer pants. I was weary of getting that big considering I am normally a 32. But they are going over my jeans so I figured they should fill. They fill almost perfectly. I figured 34 would abeen snug enough.

But as far as the legs go, they cover the ankle part of my boots pretty well when I stand. When I am on the bike they ride up just about where the top of my ankle is on the boots. Which is perfect IMO. I don't know the exact length size, though, I'd have to double check. It's probably a 34.

What's my point? lol go a size bigger then what you are.

EDIT: Yeah, you really don't need to wash your pants, btw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts