Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05' sv650s now, I've only been on the freeway twice now I have noticed that when I'm riding the front kind of feels like it wants to lift right from under me, is it because it's light or is it a suspension thing. I'm a noob to this thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
It's just perception. The front end does feel lighter as you speed up, but it's not going to lift, don't worry. Do you have a naked or an S? If you have a naked consider installing a small windscreen.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
you cannot lift the forks off the ground at highway speeds with an SV. you'll get used to the highway feeling with experience.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
andyauger said:
It's just perception.  The front end does feel lighter as you speed up, but it's not going to lift, don't worry.  Do you have a naked or an S?  If you have a naked consider installing a small windscreen.
I have an S, I just wasn't sure if it was just me or it was the bike that felt that way

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
Part of what you're sensing is simply a function of how our brains experience speed. At low speeds, it takes more steering or lean inputs to make your bike change direction than at high speed, relative to time. At highway speeds, every second you're moving twice as far as you do around town in a second, but your brain is still processing at the same speed it does while you're walking around at 3 mph. The relative greater distance that the front end changes direction in constant time compared to low speed, with the same steering or lean input, makes your brain think it's "lighter." It isn't. Things are just happening faster.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sometimes when I lean back and accelerate at 60 m.p.h. my front end comes completely off the ground! :eek:  I got one bad SV!  If I stay on the throttle my front wheel just hovers above the asphalt, sometimes up to 1/4 mile or 115 m.p.h, whichever comes first.  This weekend im going to zip tie some weights to my fork legs and see if that helps keeping it from going sky bound.  Ill keep you guys posted ;D

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I can pull wheelies in 3rd with my SV at about 90mph like mad!!

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
ridesideways said:
you cannot lift the forks off the ground at highway speeds with an SV.  you'll get used to the highway feeling with experience.
are you trying to say you can't wheelie your Sv at highway speeds :D :D :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts