Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these things any good for street use or are they a poor excuse for protection. I would guess that they are better then Levi's but that might not say too much.

·
Registered
176 Posts
definitely better than levi's. i have a pair of draggin jeans with knee armor, but i don't plan on reporting any results....knock on wood. ;D

·
Registered
597 Posts
I got'em with armor, too. I feel better in leather, but sometimes you've got to walk around and blend in when you get there. From old crash reports I remember they're much better than jeans: no burn through from sliding, but could definitely use some armor/padding in the hips (which may not be possible in the "jeans" format).

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've got draggin jeans too, but without the armor....hope never to test them out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also, Icon makes some shorts that you can wear inder your jeans, as well as some low-profile knee-shin guards. I have the knee/shin armor, and can testify that they're comfortable and fit well under regular jeans. The shorts, I don't have yet but I've heard that they're very abrasion-resistant. I might give 'em a try, and I'll let y'all know how they are.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had the regular Draggin Jeans, the knee armor was held in palce, cuz they were so tight. Recently got the carpenter style, much looser. BUT the armor doesn't stay in place now. Anyone have a suggestion?

·
Registered
146 Posts
svsR said:
I had the regular Draggin Jeans, the knee armor was held in palce, cuz they were so tight. Recently got the carpenter style, much looser. BUT the armor doesn't stay in place now. Anyone have a suggestion?
Armor that doesn't stay in place ain't worth a crap. Get some new ones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I demo'd them last Sunday with a 20mph lowside. The left side that slid on the ground shows little damage (No rash or abrasions). Unfortunately, I tried to stand up (which I did) but that ground my right knee across the pavement.

Now I only slid 12ft on chip & seal asphault.
Here is a pic of that.

This had my full weight and it started to wear thru the denim but the kevlar stayed firm. The fact is that the Kevlar abraded my knee. Nothing major but a rug burn.

That is the extent of me wanting to try the gear. Now it is somebody else's turn.

IMO leathers are the way to go BUT they are to impractical for my lifestyle. Too me, it is all about how much risk you are willing to accept.

Keith

1 - 11 of 11 Posts