Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you let someone that just got their M1 ride your bike (higher than 250cc) so they can learn and get better at it?

If not...

Would you let them? (let's say is your brother/dad/cousing/good friend?

I personally don't think I would, let them get their own bike and learn in it.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I personally don't think I would, let them get their own bike and learn on it.
BINGO! +10000000000000000000000

With that said I have let some of my riding buddies ride mine....but...they are all experienced riders and at the time of the ride I was riding their bike.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I let my buddy ride my bike in a parking lot...no problems.

After that he asked if he could take it around the block. I get a call from him 5min. later and he's asking me if I can load the bike in my truck! He dropped it doing U turn in gravel and the clutch sensor came unplugged (bike would not start), other than that it got a few scraches.

My answer would be NO to most everyone.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Abso-freaking-lutly noway, It took being married 2 years & having a baby before my wife drove my car, and then only b/c I didn't want the baby in her truck. Then she destroyed my clutch in less than 6 months.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
nope. i will let my dad ride my bike but that's about it. and my coworkers too, since htey all are very experienced.

i've been on just about all of my friends bikes. a ducati 996. r6. a couple cruisers. all of kawi's bikes, every one of them except the klx250sf super moto. :(

i won't let any of my friends though. not only do they not know how to, but they don't have the money to fix things if they do wreck it.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Have any of you let someone that just got their M1 ride your bike (higher than 250cc) so they can learn and get better at it?

If not...

Would you let them? (let's say is your brother/dad/cousing/good friend?

I personally don't think I would, let them get their own bike and learn in it.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

on second thought: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Dirt Bike, yes. Street bike, no. Not if they are just learning. If I still had my GS400 I would.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Yes. I let my brother ride the sv after he'd been on a nighthawk 650 for two years. Before he left I gave him a hug and said "just in you kill yourself or you wreck my bike and I hate you forever, I love you."

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I have some friends who are experienced riders and I would let them ride my bike anytime. But a n00b? No way Jose.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've tought 4 friends how to ride with my old junker CB360 (everything works, its just not pretty). But I would not let then touch my restored CB, or my SV.

·
Registered
288 Posts
You know how much money they have? If they can afford to fix your bike and buy it off you (so you can buy a new one). Then it's a matter of measuring the pain of being bikeless for a shortwhile against the joy of helping someone learn.

Personally. I wouldn't let anyone ride it unless I knew they could afford to fix it. I have a car, I can be without a bike while they pay for new parts and repairs.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
The only person that rides my bike is my FIL....since he has been riding for longer than i have been alive, raced, tested tires for dunlop, and much more...i feel very safe letting him ride my SV...

Anyone else...not a chance in hell

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I only let my dad ride my bike/s period. One because he is my dad, two let me take over the garage.

Tought my friend on my dirtbike cause doesnt matter if that gets wrecked or not.

·
Registered
308 Posts
my firend let me ride his r6 around a parking lot after i got my permit, first thing he said was if you break it you pay for it, i decided i coulden't afford to break it and was very careful. i've let him ride the sv around campas since.

if someone i knew well, that wasn't an idiot, was serious about getting a bike i would probably do the same for them. but not on the street.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts