Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guy

So I bought the 2013 Gladius a few weeks ago and like everyone else I found the stock seat really bad. The edge of the stock seat have about 1/4 inch of padding and the seat pushes you towards the tank. So I bit the bullet and bough the Suzuki seat because I hate corbin seats. Well I can tell you its so much better. Just came back from a 80 mile ride (not stopping) and my butt does not hurt at all. I can easily go the whole tank on this seat. The side where it was 1/4 inch before is now over 3/4 of a inch and it no longer pushes you toward the tank. I really dont have any difficulty touching the ground as before and I am a 32" length, my feet are flat on the ground.

If you guys have any questions let me know but my opinion its a def upgrade.
Joe

·
Registered
104 Posts
Do they offer any other styling options for the seat or is it just the same old black with silver accents? Id REALLY like to get a seat that was all black.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Guy

So I bought the 2013 Gladius a few weeks ago and like everyone else I found the stock seat really bad. The edge of the stock seat have about 1/4 inch of padding and the seat pushes you towards the tank. So I bit the bullet and bough the Suzuki seat because I hate corbin seats. Well I can tell you its so much better. Just came back from a 80 mile ride (not stopping) and my butt does not hurt at all. I can easily go the whole tank on this seat. The side where it was 1/4 inch before is now over 3/4 of a inch and it no longer pushes you toward the tank. I really dont have any difficulty touching the ground as before and I am a 32" length, my feet are flat on the ground.

If you guys have any questions let me know but my opinion its a def upgrade.
Joe
I just got the tall seat today. Did not have a chance riding the bike with the new seat. Was really raining here. Anyway, sat on the seat and it feels bit different on the butt and am hoping that it will help. Problem is that a few weeks ago had prostate surgery and the angle of the stock seat is really bad for me. Was bad before but tolerable but now.......ouch after riding for an afternoon. Will post after I get a ride in with it. Don't really care for the silver accents of the new seat, stock one has dark accents.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got the tall seat today. Did not have a chance riding the bike with the new seat. Was really raining here. Anyway, sat on the seat and it feels bit different on the butt and am hoping that it will help. Problem is that a few weeks ago had prostate surgery and the angle of the stock seat is really bad for me. Was bad before but tolerable but now.......ouch after riding for an afternoon. Will post after I get a ride in with it. Don't really care for the silver accents of the new seat, stock one has dark accents.
Well got to try out the new seat. Put on 420kms today and have a bit of stiffness in the butt. The new seat really makes a difference for me. The stock seat puts a lot of pressure in the pelvis area. Unfortunately due to my operation I get really sore in that region and pushing the family jewels into the gas tank does not help either. Today I feel pretty decent after riding. The new seat lifts just enough to keep from sliding into the tank and firm enough that you still have decent feel of the bike. Two thumbs up for a seat that should have come with the bike in the first place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I been riding mine a few time since installing it, been getting better each time. Tomorrow the heat wave here should be gone and maybe I can go out for more then 2 hours at a time and really get a long ride in. We shall see.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The trick is to scoot back as far as possible and not ride the tank. It'll free up some space to move around more without running into the tank. Plus he seat is much wider for more support.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The trick is to scoot back as far as possible and not ride the tank. It'll free up some space to move around more without running into the tank. Plus he seat is much wider for more support.
Problem with the stock seat is that it is angled in such a way that you end up against the tank. I have done the pulling back from the tank and a few minutes later am back against it. As well the forward based angle of the seat makes for an uncomfortable ride.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The tall seat is better than the stock low seat, but still not the most comfortable seat out there. I bought my tall seat before a ride down to the Dragon last year (about 1750kms each way). And my butt was still sore and or numb before too long.

So it's better than stock but it still doesn't turn the sfv into a long mile bike

·
Registered
458 Posts
Problem with the stock seat is that it is angled in such a way that you end up against the tank. I have done the pulling back from the tank and a few minutes later am back against it. As well the forward based angle of the seat makes for an uncomfortable ride.
The angle of the seat never really bothered me. I don't recall sliding around even with leathers on. I do ride the foot pegs more than others may be, not really sitting down on the seat so I can shift weight around who knows. During long rides, I do get my knees all locked up after 100+ miles and need to stretch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I do ride the foot pegs more than others may be, not really sitting down on the seat so I can shift weight around
I do the same thing. I also have to do this to keep the weight off of my hands/arms with the racing rearsets and clip ons.

During long rides, I do get my knees all locked up after 100+ miles and need to stretch.
I get locked up in my hip. The outside part of the groin area. Thats when I put my feet up on my frame sliders to stretch out. Haha. ~100 miles seems to be the magic number, though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have to say, that as a girl, I love the stock seat. Having that tank right between my legs makes the ride all the more enjoyable.:naughty:

·
Registered
73 Posts
It was mentioned earlier, but I thought I would add my two cents anyway. I have racing leathers and I don't find that I am being pulled into the tank. Maybe there is a cover that you can put over the seat to help the sliding.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts