Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago there were several posts about Ride Icon's gear (mostly gloves iirc). I'm curious to know if anyone has tried one of the Neo Daytona jackets ?

I realize sizing and style preferences will be different for any two riders, just curious to know if anyone can comment on the quality.

Thanks ... Hersh

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have been trying to get a Icon neo daytona for the last few months. Everywhere I call says they don't have them yet. Even my local dealer jerked me around, I ordered it from him and then every week it was the same story, they are backordered. The jacket looks great but I have no respect for a company that advertises like mad but can't get the product out. I canceled my order and am looking something else now.
Under200

·
Registered
45 Posts
A dealership north of me stocks the Icon line. While I was there I tried on the Ti Max gloves and checked out their helmets and a Daytona jacket(the with one with all of the patches on it). I didn't really care for the gloves, but the jacket and helmet looked like good stuff.
As far as not being able to get the stuff, it is pretty popular right now, so backorders may not be uncommon.
Have you tried www.kneedraggers.com ?
They sell Icon and may be able to get what you want.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Daytona Jacket

Twin

Thanks for the \"heads-up\" !

Under

You still here ? Let's ping kneedraggers and see what they say !

·
Registered
154 Posts
Let me know if kneedraggers has them in stock, I called them a week ago and they said they were back ordered still. Kneedraggers does have a disclaimer on the website that says that Icon merch is subject to availability. They were real nice about it when I called and told me that everyone is having problems getting the Icon stuff. It seems like everyone has the gloves and helmets, the jackets are the thing that is hard to get right now.
Under200

M

·
0 Posts
Icon Stuff

The local shop has some of their jackets. I must admit that I am impressed with them! Overall quality, from what I can see, seems really great! The only thing I noticed is that the jackets I saw did not have a back pad, and I didn't notice if there was a pocket for one. Still, I'd get one when i need another leather jacket!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thread shift .... what about Spidi ?

Ok so i'm not really married to Icon yet. How about Spidi ? 'Anybody familiar with them ? Their Daytona jacket looks really nice too, but I don't think I have an \"Italian fit\" body :p

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re: Icon Stuff

Michael A said:
The local shop has some of their jackets. I must admit that I am impressed with them! Overall quality, from what I can see, seems really great! The only thing I noticed is that the jackets I saw did not have a back pad, and I didn't notice if there was a pocket for one. Still, I'd get one when i need another leather jacket!
I noticed the back pad thing too, and would like to know if it comes with a pocket.

I just ordered the merc jacket from Ebay. It comes with CE rated elbow and shoulder pads, and the dual-density pad in the back. Does anybody know if I can replace the back pad with a CE rated back protector?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
ehh, i know some people who have owned icon jackets in the past and they love them, I cant see that you'd go wrong with the purchase, except for maybe the way they look (I think icon makes some atrocious s**t, but that's just me) I do have and wear on a constant basis their motorhead boots, and they are of excellent quality, and fit too, quite comfortable, and feel very protective.

as far as spidi goes everything I've seen or heard from them ranges from really good to really great, again if you can get a deal go for it, if you're worried about sizing, just try to size yourself against other italian merchandise at the dealers....personally I like alpinestars, their stuff is great and not crazy expensive and great looking too, plain colors and patterns :)

and before you order at kneedraggers definetly call them, dont bother emailing because I've had them tell me one day something is in stock and when i order it, the next day i get a back order call...it's frustrating, but they always come through with exactly what I order.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've got a white '06 Daytona Hero jacket, standard boots and a pair of their Anthem jeans. Of the three, I'm happiest with the jacket. It fits me great (I'm 5'8, 180) as I wear the large size. I got the Hero just because I liked the patches and shit and it matches well with the blue on the SV. I've gotten many compliments on the style and since it's white, it stands out a little better than a darker color. Their jackets do have a bit of a different cut from companies like A-stars and Vanson. They're not tapered as much at the waist and the sleeves are more of a straight cut. But I have no problem getting my gaunlet style gloves over the sleeves. It does come with CE-approved armor in the shoulders, elbows and back...although the back protector is suspect. A real back protector would do much better. For the '06 line, Icon sized them differently using the
S,M,L system versus numeric measurements. Because of this, I'd advise trying it on first if you can due the zip-in insulated vest. With it on, an XL felt better for me, but with it out it was just too bulky. So, I went with the large as I figure most of my riding will be in warmer weather. As for the boots and jeans, I like them. The standard boots are very similar to a pair of Timberland's, though I have worn more comfortable boots (ie, Colorado's). The only thing I don't like about them is they have nowhere near the feel of a real racing boot like the Sidi Vertigo, especially when using the rear brake. This is to be expected though, but I just don't feel like chuckin' around campus in a racing boot. The jeans are nice too, just a heavyweight denim. I got all my stuff through a company called 2OrangeHarley's on ebay. I paid $350 for a brand new jacket shipped if I remember correctly...

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
i have one....i love that jacket it fits me great and is pretty damn warm...

no complaints here what so ever!

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
First thing is first. The brand is Icon, Ride Icon is just the web address/slogan. Sorry, I'm anal.

I have a motorhead jacket and love it. I have a little trouble getting my gloves over the sleeves, but it works.
The armor in the shoulder and elbow/forearm is great and stays in place. The back protector might as well be packing foam. I haven't looked for a CE protector that will fit in the pocket because I am planning on getting a stand alone so I can use it with my mesh in really hot weather.
Build quality look good to me. The leather is thick and soft and the dye didn't come out in the rain. All the stitching is very sturdy, with only one of the buttons for holding in he liner popping off on me.

I also have a mainframe helmet that I love. Fits my long head well.

enrico vespa said:
Good thing it's not tapered. Most riders are not in a tapered figure.
I am tapered, so it is a bit large around the belly/chest.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Any of you Icon fans know anything about the Icon TiMax jacket....I'm in Texas and it adverttises that it's great for warm weather but I've heard the armor is second-rate...any thoughts?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts