Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried one of these?

It look great, but I can't decide if it's worth it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
looks like it doesnt even cover up that hole, thats GHETTO

i have a template of a thing that slides underneath and cover up that hole, then you can get the turn signal intergrator and it looks nice

ill see if i can scan the template in

B

·
0 Posts
What the f is that thing??? :shock: (sorry if I offended anyone) Looks like it would bounce all over the place when you go over bumps. Is it installed correctly?
How much does it cost?
I would cut down your stock mudflap and modify it, or look at something a little cleaner.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clarification... that's not my bike :-D (I'm sporting the blue SVS) I found this on ebay and I like the idea of it, but it looked a little suspicious as far as fit for the bike. The auction is for something like 70 or 80 dollars. I'm looking for an fe and would like to keep turn signals that are not integrated into the taillights and are a little more visible than the hotbodies/comp. werks fe's. I'm trying to do as much research as possible so if someone can steer me in a direction to save time, I'd be VERY appreciative. THanks again.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Take a look at the FE offered by Ride Engineering. It's inexpensive, let's you keep stock turn signals, but you lose your plate light. Fairly easy to install, once you make sense of their instructions.

Ride Engineering

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Abe Froman said:
Take a look at the FE offered by Ride Engineering. It's inexpensive, let's you keep stock turn signals, but you lose your plate light. Fairly easy to install, once you make sense of their instructions.

Ride Engineering
Absolutely perfect!!! Thanks! I've been trying to find that one for months! I couldn't remember which one it was. Thanks Abe.

·
Registered
64 Posts
anyone that has that fe also have the plate bracket with the built in light?

·
Registered
703 Posts
That's a lot of money IMO to pay for a license plate frame with an LED on it. I've got what looks like an identical LED from my local shop for $12. I just used it in place of one of the tag bolts. My only complaint is that it shines light across the plate instead of directly on it, but legally I do have a plate light. (Does a nice job of lighting the tip of my Yosh TRS though :D )

If you wanted to get good coverage you could use a set of Lite 'N Boltz (~$35) instead of the small LED.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have the Ride engineering FE, its build quality is good and reasonably priced. However, there is a gap left where the orginaly Fender was. I am working to cut som rubber to cover and prevent water intrusion.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jason the Canuck said:
I have the Ride engineering FE, its build quality is good and reasonably priced. However, there is a gap left where the orginaly Fender was. I am working to cut som rubber to cover and prevent water intrusion.
Yeah, but I've decided the only way to avoid that is to get either the Hotbodies or Comp werks (lose stalk signals) or Suzuki's (just doesn't wow me) in order to not have this problem; if I'm not mistaken.

Out of curiosity (not that it matters b/c I'll have the kit by Tuesday :) ) but how big is the gap? Does anyone have any pics? I ask so I can work on building a solution to this while I'm waiting for it to arrive.

Thanks guys/gals

·
Registered
456 Posts
When I get home this evening I'll try and take a few pics to show the gap. The majority of the gap is less than 1/2 inch.

B

·
0 Posts
I have the one at the top of the thread .. It works pretty good , It looks filmsy but is actualy pretty solid and its just a plastic pice so if it doesn't fit quite right you can trim or shape it with a little heat . The led's are really nice they are really bright good visablity.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just installed the ride engineering fe, and WOW... This was exactly what I wanted for the bike. Only thing is I can't figure out what to do about the gap just yet. I dwelled on it, but only came up with foam or rubber, but not sure about either.

Anyone tried a different/similar method for the gap?

Oh yeah, btw, I just re-used the old thread to continue with this.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've tried cutting some plates from stainless and aluminum that didn't look the greatest. I'm currently working on a rubber piece to fill in the gap. I wish I could find a pre-existing template that would work good. Sorry about not getting pictures up in time, my digital camera is throwing a tantrum.

·
Registered
703 Posts
My only thought is maybe some type of weather stripping? I wish I could recall how big the gap was, but it's my friend that has the RE-FE, not me (I did the Home Depot $1 version)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The home depot solution is probably not that far off from what the RE fe is. Weather stripping! Now there's some brainstorming. I'm going to try that out this weekend. I think that might be just the trick to solve the gap issue.

·
Registered
46 Posts
please someone post pics of this f/e!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts