Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding since last night, put quite a few miles on my bike in one day. My fiance told me last night that she is pregnant and i really dont know what to do. Usually i think best on a ride, but nothing came to me last night. Some heavy news i guess. Both are 21, no responsibility other than dogs and not great jobs, not even done with college. Anyone else really go through this?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Quite a write up... Got pics?... Good luck with the family thing.

BTW, I had a girl tell me she was pregnant once, but I knew she was making it up because the news came the very next day! (Red Flag)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Congradulations!!! I actually stopped my plans in completing my license when my g/f was pregnant. But begining of summer 2008, my daughter was 10 months old, I decided to go back to the driving school and finish my license, in the process I also picked up a new 08 sv. No regrets, in fact I probably drive more respnsibly because I have a daughter. I cant garauntee this, but so far it worked out for me, somehow I managed to work things out, no matter what the situation. Worrying is a waste of time, enjoy the fact that you are having a baby, it's trully a blessing.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
naw, i im pretty sure she isnt lying, she took 2 tests last night, both positive and 1 this morning, positive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm sorry that this is unwelcomed news. I'd just urge you to not make any rash decisions that will haunt you forever. If you're engaged, that means that you two are not afraid of commiting to one another. Commiting to a baby may not be as hard as you think. If you decide that a baby is just too much responsibility for you to handle, there are TONS of couples who pray every day that God will give them a child. I have 3 children, all adopted. Look, there are lots of people to talk to. I don't know what your spiritual life is like, but I do know that since I gave my life to Jesus Christ, he has opened my eyes to see that he can use the seemingly worst things to accomplish thngs that end up being awesome in the long run. YOu cannot screw up so bad that Christ can't turn it into a good thing. My life is a testament to the truth of this.
I'll pray for you and your fiance, and the little one.
Let me know if you want to talk more. I'd be happy to talk, pray, point you in the right direction.
Dano

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks dano but you wouldnt have to worry about abortion, thats not in either minds, we will have the baby and do the best we can. We werent thinking of having children, i guess thats why it hit me like a ton of bricks, if we wanted children later on, we were thinking of adopting, but i guess life never works out the way you plan.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Don't quit riding.

You let that kid start tellin' you what to do before it even has eyes and you in trouble :)

If you are in school now, then you are going to have a decent job eventually. Keep the bike until you REALLY need money.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Dont sweat it, my daughter was born 1.5 yrs ago and it has been the best yr of my life. I wouldnt stress to much, you'll be surprised how things tend to work out fine, trust me I'm an anxiety ridden stress case and I did just fine.

Good luck

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats man, like everyone has said it will work out fine, and you will do great. I also would not quit riding, it is actually good financially to ride now days. I do not have children but my wife and I have been married for almost 6 years and I am sure we will soon enough. Just take care of each other and enjoy this new plan, must be meant to be.

Good luck man ride safe your riding for three now.:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Since you are going to keep the baby congratulations. I'm just a kid myself ( 21 yesterday) but i know how much joy a child can bring to a parent. I am glad abortion is not an option for ya'll because my cousins just adopted a new born baby boy and they are so excited... it's indescribable. they have never been happier and had the mother considered abortion this joy would not be possible for them.

Keep riding. My dad has a bike and he has told me on several occasions that it has kept him sane for years now. It is his outlet. He is careful but still enjoys having a sport bike. Stuff happens though so he has taken steps to make sure we will be taken care of. If money does become a concern you can always sell the bike later. But stuff usually works out for people that work at it; I can't wait till the day I find someone worth having a child with and the day I feel I am ready to have a kid. They are awesome. You are a lucky guy and I hope school goes well, and ends sooon.

You sound like you are thinking this through as best as possible so hopefully you have a good head on your shoulders. Love, commitment, and a little sacrifice and you will be fine.

Good luck,

Chip

·
Registered
395 Posts
Kids are great!!!!!!!! I did it all backwards: My wife gave me son and then about a year later I bought a bike. I have never been happier with either....hahaha. There is a pic of my bike and my son in the gallery. He is going to be 4 in July and is rockin out on his little tikes push cycle. Take care of yourself on the road and let the big guy in the sky take care of the rest.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
Congratulations. Be a great dad.
Since you can't conceive (sorry) of what it's like to be a parent, you're never REALLY ready for it, whenever it comes. You can only enjoy the immense feeling of increased worth and rise to the even immenser challenge of caring for this stranger who will become the Most Important Human in the History of Existence, once you meet him/her.

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Don't worry about it. It's the start of your family. Take my word for it, you're better off starting at 21 than I was at 37! You need the energy of youth to get you through through the child raising years.

Get hitched, enjoy life. It's the way things are supposed to work.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You have been given a gift. Enjoy every moment as it comes.

Keep riding.

Buy life insurance, Dad.

·
Registered
128 Posts
+1 on the life ins. Good advice.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i guess it was just a sense that its not just me and her anymore, that we really cant do what we want and when we want. My bike will stay unless i completely have to sell it, its definitely a stress reliever for me. Is it really hard to do the beginning necessities of childhood, never really was around my nieces and nephews at newborn since my brother lives a good ways away in that time frame

·
Registered
128 Posts
From what I know from other people, the begining is tuff, but flys by, you will both do amazing, just be patient focus on each other and let the small things work themselves out.

My wife has started wanting kids recently (married for 6 years, we are 25) I was sceptic at first, but after reading so many good post from your fellow SV riders. It makes me feel good about my situation and think outside if my box a bit. Like I have said you will do great. The main thing is take care of each other before the birth, then embrass every moment afterwards.

Good luck and God bless man.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well i'm guessing you are graduating this year? You'll be able to handle it man, just take it one step at a time.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
wow, thats crazy. lots of people in similar stories out there, i was 17, she was 19. now i'm 30, and we've been married 10 years and had 2 more kids. it was hard, but don't let the money freak you out. if we made it on 7.50/hr, in junior college, you certainly will persevere as well. we shouldn't ask God to make life easy, we should ask for help in enduring the tough times. it works for me. good times.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Well I don't have the experience that many of the people here have had, but I had one pretty serious scare and what worked for me was just to shrug off the initial shock and get to planning. I freak out over "unknowns" I have to know every detail and where all the funding is going to come from. So that's what I did, was just begin to plan and plan until I came up with something that looked feasible, and then I calmed down. For me, just knowing that it was going to be possible to get through it made it a lot easier for me. No matter what, you're in for what I imagine will be the most rewarding and life altering change of your life. Millions of people get through it everyday, I'm sure you won't be the exception :)

1 - 20 of 99 Posts