Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Looks like some very nice roads for riding. Quite bumpy footage most of the time. Maybe image stabilize (YouTube actually has this feature)

Did you try putting the camera on your helmet? I put a cuved m3 attachements on the chin of my helmet. Works out really nice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looks like some very nice roads for riding. Quite bumpy footage most of the time. Maybe image stabilize (YouTube actually has this feature)

Did you try putting the camera on your helmet? I put a cuved m3 attachements on the chin of my helmet. Works out really nice.
I gave the stabilize a try but it just made it sort of oscillate around the frame in kind of a wave like motion. I stuck with the original. I used the suction cup mount and it has quite a bit of play in it, I'm working on a frame mount for a bit of different perspective closer to the ground.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I miss that road something fierce, having moved away from Los Angeles. Be careful with runs up Palomar - it can be 70+ degrees (Fahrenheit) at the base, while the top can be covered in black ice. I can remember parking my car up there, only to find it in a different parking space when I returned...

Other fantastic SoCal roads:
  • Angeles Crest (probably too dangerous on a bike - too many drivers double-dipping)
  • California 198 - go east from 101 to 5, and make damn sure your brakes and tires are excellent; I've had to stop for errant cattle.

I'm still searching for Texas roads that compare. 290 from I10 to Austin was a lot of fun, but not nearly as good as those two. Alas, it's so incredibly unimpressive on the map. Mind you, I'd just spent 20 hours on I10, so any curve at all was amazingly refreshing. =p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts