Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 SV650 included an uninstalled, new set of Ricor Intiminators. I had never heard of these. Looking at this forum, it appears they were much more commonly installed in the SV before 2010. After doing some googling, I see new installations mostly discussed in dirt/adv bike forums. They definitely appear in a lot of SV listings pre-2010, but not so much since then.

I am about to do some suspension upgrades (bike has stock springs and I'm 205lbs) and was trying to decide whether to install the Ricor's or just sell them and go with RT emulators. The Ricors are definitely simple enough to install, but I'd still rather not take the forks apart more than necessary to try again if the RT emulators are the proven better approach. I'd rather be out riding :)

Have Ricor Intiminators fallen out of favor with the SV community?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I installed mine last year. Stock springs, 5W oil, ZX10R shock in rear, 175lbs rider. I picked them over Racetech because I didn't want to bother with drilling out the damper rods. I'm very happy with the results. The TPS adjustment is the other essential mod in my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts