Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since the info about doing this got deleted when both the Richmond and HR threads were deleted, by the way WTF? :dontknow:
I have started this thread to deal with getting the Richmond people together with the Hampton Roads people for a day of fun on the back roads of the Northern Neck of Virginia.
The plan is to meet in West Point at 10:00 am and then head out for a trip that will loop up around AP Hill and then head back to West Point via Tappahanock.

Here's the map:
RICHMOND/HAMPTON ROADS RIDE

November 1st was talked about but was shot down by quite a few so we need to settle on a new date. The 8th, 15th, or 29th. These are all Saturdays.
If Sundays will work better, then lets talk about those dates! It would be nice if we could get a ride in before it gets real cold!

So lets hear what would work for everyone! :fiddy:

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Well, since the info about doing this got deleted when both the Richmond and HR threads were deleted, by the way WTF? :dontknow:
I have started this thread to deal with getting the Richmond people together with the Hampton Roads people for a day of fun on the back roads of the Northern Neck of Virginia.
The plan is to meet in West Point at 10:00 am and then head out for a trip that will loop up around AP Hill and then head back to West Point via Tappahanock.

Here's the map:
RICHMOND/HAMPTON ROADS RIDE

November 1st was talked about but was shot down by quite a few so we need to settle on a new date. The 8th, 15th, or 29th. These are all Saturdays.
If Sundays will work better, then lets talk about those dates! It would be nice if we could get a ride in before it gets real cold!

So lets hear what would work for everyone! :fiddy:
We're trying to push it back? Yikes....the 8th is out for me. I don't do long rides the day before the track. So, I guess I will have to shoot for the 15th then.

I guess I'll be headed to NC tomorrow then. Wasn't sure if there were people interested in riding north....but with our threads gone...I'm lost:p

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We're trying to push it back? Yikes....the 8th is out for me. I don't do long rides the day before the track. So, I guess I will have to shoot for the 15th then.

I guess I'll be headed to NC tomorrow then. Wasn't sure if there were people interested in riding north....but with our threads gone...I'm lost:p
That was the consensuses in the "deleted" thread. Many had said that the 1st was out for them.
The 15th works for me. We just need to spread the word.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I just don't think I will be able to make any rides anytime soon. With all the work I have left to do on the kitchen I just won't be able to pull myself away. I am at the point where I will have to make it basically unusable and I can't leave it that way for more than a couple of days. If my house was newer where walls and corners were flat and square it would be a lot easier, but when you renovate a house built in 1924 you get a lot of inconsistencies that can be somewhat tough to work around.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'd like to try to make it for this ride. Will definitely be the longest ride I've taken. The Sundays work better for me, the 16th or the 23rd. If we decide to go on the 15th I can try to get out of kid duty to see if I can go (my kids have gym class until about 10:00am on Saturdays). Otherwise I might be able to schedule to meet up with you around Bowling Green and make the second half of the ride back. I'll keep watching to see what the final decision is and then see if I can make it happen.

·
Registered
799 Posts
No wonder I haven't seen any Richmond/Hampton roads threads pop up under User CP.
WTH happened? Anyway, doubt I can make the ride either. Like Sxy I'd rather save my energy for the back to back track days that weekend of the 8th. Most any other weekend I'll be working. Always have to request any time off. =(

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it looks like the 15th or 16th. I can live with either one. Lets try to round up some more people.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
No wonder I haven't seen any Richmond/Hampton roads threads pop up under User CP.
WTH happened? Anyway, doubt I can make the ride either. Like Sxy I'd rather save my energy for the back to back track days that weekend of the 8th. Most any other weekend I'll be working. Always have to request any time off. =(
Looks like more people are asking for the 16th.

Jeff....nice avatar!! When are you going to teach me the trick of the trade;)

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
8 and 15 looks like they might work for me

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do we have a date nailed down yet for this?
Nope! We need more people! I can do either Saturday or Sunday, 15th or 16th.
Spread the word, harass people, bully them, twist some arms! ;D
Well, maybe just spread the word! :hug:

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I haven't seen many of the Richmond riders chime in. West Point is over 40 miles north for a lot of us HR riders....so it's not like a quick trip up the street. I'm thinking which ever day is going to be the warmest...is the one I'll be up for:)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
West Point is over 40 miles north for a lot of us HR riders....so it's not like a quick trip up the street. I'm thinking which ever day is going to be the warmest...is the one I'll be up for:)
That's why I picked West Point, I live on the northeast side of Richmond and it's a 45 mile ride to West Point for me so for most of the Richmond folks it's over 50 miles. I figured it was a 1/2 way point between the 2 and it looks like it is!

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
What is the latest update Packman?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I prefer the 15th. We'll have to see how the weather looks.
We "pre-ran" part of the trip today. 120 miles of fun, fun, fun!
RIDE MAP

For those of you down in HR a fun ride would be to ride 14 up to 360 and then 17 back down to HR. 14 is a real fun road between West Point and 360, lots of twisties and some real nice elevation changes mixed in with straights. Fun! ;D

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pictures from West Point.
Here's the second bridge....

Old section of road where the old bridge started, I can't believe how thick the asphalt is!

Looking at the new bridge from the old bridge road..

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's a week away.......they can't say what it's going to do tomorrow for sure much less next week! ;D

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, weather says mid 60's and rain for Saturday, mid 50's and sun for Sunday.
So who's in for Sunday?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts