Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a fame seeking asshat. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090204/sp_nm/us_swimming_phelps

Anyone else smoking pot in college gets away with it, even after they've admited to it. Just because Phepls is famous the Richland County Sheriff is looking to make a name for himself. Shouldn't he have better things to do with taxpayer dollars?

After seeing a pattern in email address and none specific to Leon Lott, I'm assuming that it's [email protected].

Anyway, that story p!sses me off for some reason.

·
Registered
414 Posts
How can he prove it was reefer in the bong. Could have been oregano, or Hell it could have been Crack.
maybe mike is a crackhead.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
i'm curious what his constituents think of this.

sheriff is an elected position and this could backfire for him depending on the predominant demographic in his county.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
slow news week I'm guessing. That guy's an idiot.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Oh my god. Someone is going to face charges for doing something illegal and admitting to it? What's the world coming to?? :rolleyes:

I don't care how many gold medals the guy has, maybe the sherriff is being a bit overzealous in pursing Phelps, but really, who cares? Phelps just made it easy by letting a photo be taken and then admitting it. If the Sherriff lets him off, I gurantee that there will be just as many people saying he got off because of his celebrity status.

You don't want to be caught? Don't let people document you doing illegal ****. Simple as that.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
The dude did nothing but training for the latter part of his life. He deserves a little experimentation with the non synthetic leaves.
I don't advocate the usage, but the dude is at a college party! COME ON!!!!

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh my god. Someone is going to face charges for doing something illegal and admitting to it? What's the world coming to?? :rolleyes:

I don't care how many gold medals the guy has, maybe the sherriff is being a bit overzealous in pursing Phelps, but really, who cares? Phelps just made it easy by letting a photo be taken and then admitting it. If the Sherriff lets him off, I gurantee that there will be just as many people saying he got off because of his celebrity status.

You don't want to be caught? Don't let people document you doing illegal ****. Simple as that.
Sounds like a good use of taxpayer money to have a full investigation into this. :rolleyes: How many man hours will this take up that could better be served actually protecting people?
That's the point. They still have to prove the location and substance sue to a partial admition. For some reason, he reminds me of Sherrif Buford T. Justice.

·
Registered
975 Posts
A waste of taxpayer money and a prosecutors nightmare. The crème de le crème of defense attorneys will descend on this case. This lunacy is the result of our government (or other partys, through them) demonizing a fairly innocuous activity for decades while a large portion of the population that knows better stands by and says nothing. Let them try the same with booze and the public (as well as corporate) outcry would be deafening.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
If they bring these charges they just as well have to chase down everyone in that county with pictures of them smoking weed on myspace.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.