Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap... I'm going to (edit) 'politely throw daisies at' my neighbor!

He goes out to his R6 starts it and immediately pegs the throttle (with a can!) for about 10 seconds, then revs the crap out of it for about 20 more then bolts.

This happens EVERY single day.

Wtf is wrong with people?

I'd hate to be the guy who buys that bike after this a-hole.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Buy a gun.

Stand in his driveway with said gun.

Staredown.

??????.

Profit.

Edit: On the plus side, if he's doing this cold he's absolutely destroying his engine for the long term.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Maybe he doesn't know what a manual is and doesn't know how to properly warm up his bike. If it is an older r6, he might not know what a choke is and what it is for.

Maybe show him how to warm up his bike properly and quietly.

else maybe stand outside your house and water your lawn. When he revs make a jerk with the hose so that it sprays him. Works on my cat when she is annoying.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Maybe he doesn't know what a manual is and doesn't know how to properly warm up his bike. If it is an older r6, he might not know what a choke is and what it is for.

Maybe show him how to warm up his bike properly and quietly.

else maybe stand outside your house and water your lawn. When he revs make a jerk with the hose so that it sprays him. Works on my cat when she is annoying.
LOL, best answer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
I'd say just let it go because it won't be long before he grenades his engine and then you don't have to worry about any noise at all. Actually, maybe you should encourage him. Go out there and start clapping while he's bouncing off the limiter. **** will be toast within a week.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Simple. Buy a cheap v8 engine (you can get a complete engine in a pick apart yard for under $300)
Put engine in strong wheelbarrow. Hook up what you need to make said engine run (mostly just gas and a battery if you get a Carb engine)
Make no attempt to put any for a exhaust on the engine/butthead neighbor pisser offer.
Wait for him to start his bike.
Push the wheelbarrow out next to him.
Start it and rev in step with him.
Make eye contact the whole time. But say nothing.
Repeat until he either gets the point. Or you get banned from ever renting an apartment from the skulleygroup.
That or your HOA fines you an astronomical amount.

PS. Yes I did this before. And yes my wife is still mad at me

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd say just let it go because it won't be long before he grenades his engine and then you don't have to worry about any noise at all. Actually, maybe you should encourage him. Go out there and start clapping while he's bouncing off the limiter. **** will be toast within a week.
I like this. There is a five foot cyclone fence between his place and ours so I can't get super up close and personal (wouldn't want to anyway), but I can see myself clapping while he's doing it.

Hmm... I wonder if it drives all of my other biker neighbors nuts too.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Simple. Buy a cheap v8 engine (you can get a complete engine in a pick apart yard for under $300)
Put engine in strong wheelbarrow. Hook up what you need to make said engine run (mostly just gas and a battery if you get a Carb engine)
Make no attempt to put any for a exhaust on the engine/butthead neighbor pisser offer.
Wait for him to start his bike.
Push the wheelbarrow out next to him.
Start it and rev in step with him.
Make eye contact the whole time. But say nothing.
Repeat until he either gets the point. Or you get banned from ever renting an apartment from the skulleygroup.
That or your HOA fines you an astronomical amount.

PS. Yes I did this before. And yes my wife is still mad at me

I'm betting it was worth it. You, sir, are my hero.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
K.I.S.S. Keep it simple, stupid! :D Talk to him about it. Tell him that what he is doing is likely to cause damage to his engine, and it is aggravating the neighbors. Many (probably a majority) people would take the hint and quit the @ssholishness. He may honestly not realize it is annoying the hell out of everyone around him.

On the other hand, he may just be an @sshole and not care. If that is the case, at least you tried... and then you can contemplate more nefarious solutions to your problem.

·
Registered
618 Posts
K.I.S.S. Keep it simple, stupid! :D Talk to him about it. Tell him that what he is doing is likely to cause damage to his engine, and it is aggravating the neighbors. Many (probably a majority) people would take the hint and quit the @ssholishness. He may honestly not realize it is annoying the hell out of everyone around him.

On the other hand, he may just be an @sshole and not care. If that is the case, at least you tried... and then you can contemplate more nefarious solutions to your problem.

We have a kid who is into the rickey ricer racers garbage across the street. Used to go out and rev the hell out of it at various hours of the night (I work 2nd, but still its just plain annoying). Neighbors have talked with him to no avail. Police never show up in time and he just wont answer the door. So one night around 3-4am, had a bunch of buddies of mine come ride around the block on their HD's for 20 min. Lovely sound of 25-30 HD's, most with shorties, doing laps around the block and using 1st in front of his house.:lmao: I'm out in the driveway in a lawn chair just enjoying it as were most of the other neighbors (they were told before hand).

Havent heard a peep out of his car since then.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Talk to him about it.....
What is this "talk" you speak of? I thought communication between neighbors only took place through passive agressive bull5hit and visits from the local PD?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What is this "talk" you speak of? I thought communication between neighbors only took place through passive agressive bull5hit and visits from the local PD?
I can appreciate your point,however I'm done with being nice. We don't live in a bad area, but for whatever reason we have had nothing but terrible problems with nearly everyone that lives right by us. The knee-jerk reaction is to wonder what it is that is wrong with us, not them if the problem is consistent, but here are a couple of examples of their behavior.

My next door neighbor... I invited him over to hang out and get to know him as he had just moved in. He spent the majority of the time telling me about how effed up he is in the head after a tour in Afghanistan. He also smoked weed as a full time job. All of which is fine. Not what I choose to do, but I was no saint throughout my 20's, and he seemed okay. Well I found him in my backyard a couple of times... okay whatever... there is a gate to let the yard guy through. Maybe he got confused? Long story short... when the cops took him away because he brandished a rifle when they knocked on his door (someone called cps. Wasn't me.) and he was evicted I felt bad for him, but a little safer with him gone.

Then the two "women" who took the house next... wow... parties till 5am often through the week. They were nurses at the local hospital, but spent most of their time "nursing" what seemed like the entire male population of this fine city. No joke, they must have had at least 20 guys spend the night in the very short time they were here. Some of which had nice bikes though...

Um... harboring fugitives (I'm couldn't make this crap up) who ran from pd through my backyard. Kept my daughter up many nights from the pounding music. Had the cops there at least six times (I'll admit twice by me) multiple talking to by me my one neighbor Cam who seems to be sane and eventually got evicted. Oh, but not before a tire on my Lightning got slashed.

Ugh... then the crazy directly across from me who clearly beats his girlfriend. My wife went out there one night to see what all the noise was. I had to get up in 2 hours for my 13 hour work shift at 4:30am and was asleep, and he smashed his girlfriends windshield, and busted their plasma TV... got into a fistfight with his next-door neighbor (the neighbor was trying to protect the girl) ...

...and on, and on...

Needless to say we are getting the hell out of here asap. Wish to God we never moved into this house to begin with, but it's owned by a guy I work with and I thought things couldn't be this bad. Especially considering what we pay per month!

My point is that yes, it would be lovely to be in a situation where I could assume that my fellow man is not 100% bat-**** crazy, but every time I let my guard down for a second I'm reminded why that just isn't the case. So I agree... sadly, things ain't like they use to be.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I can appreciate your point,however I'm done with being nice. We don't live in a bad area, but for whatever reason we have had nothing but terrible problems with nearly everyone that lives right by us.
Im sorry for the reality check, but yes. Yes you do. Just because you over-pay for your apt doesnt mean youre in a "good area"... (judging by your neighbors).

Sidenote: Any pics of the nurses? :naughty:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I love the idea of hooking up an engine and follow suit lol. I know that neighborhood sounds worse than when i rented a house in a ghetto for 350 a month lol. Had hoodlums on the corner every night, but all they did was smoke all night and talked to themselves.. IF there was a fight, it was between whoever was arguing and didnt involve anyone else, we would actually sit outside and watch a few times. Never got outta hand. But this is a small town ghetto, so nothing horrible.

I worked nights and the my wife's aunt lived across the road, they were the type that partied pretty much whatever day they could buy the alcohol, so when id get home around 5:30, i would fly my trex 450 outside her window until it gave out of gas.. Her uncle broke his bedroom window trying to grab it one day. May not be as loud, but it still screams lol

1 - 20 of 50 Posts