Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Retro and Functional Headlight Fairing

4K views 44 replies 9 participants last post by  Blue on two wheels 
#1 ·
I got a little tired of the wind kind of beating me up. None of the options available for my 2023 model appealed to me. So I opted to go my own route and install a headlight fairing. Went with the Maier GP Sport Fairing. It helped tremendously smoothing out the air. Holding 80 90 mph which here in some highways in California is keeping up with traffic is a breeze. Also, I'm a huge '80s fan so this is perfect for me.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle
Azure Bumper Motor vehicle Paint Fender

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Fuel tank

See less See more
#7 ·
I got a little tired of the wind kind of beating me up. None of the options available for my 2023 model appealed to me. So I opted to go my own route and install a headlight fairing. Went with the Maier GP Sport Fairing. It helped tremendously smoothing out the air. Holding 80 90 mph which here in some highways in California is keeping up with traffic is a breeze. Also, I'm a huge '80s fan so this is perfect for me.

View attachment 65557 View attachment 65558
View attachment 65556

How did you mount this? Did you have to remove anything or fabricate something?

#19 ·
Mine came with hardware. Il take some pics later on it. The kit came with mountain hardware and a sponge strip that I am not sure where it goes to hr honest. So far no issues. I didn't have to make any major modifications that I could think of right now. I have clip ons installed so my set up is different than stock.

#29 ·
Yes, for my riding style they are way better than the bars. I did install risers 2". Since I ride every day I needed it to be less murderous. I did ride with regular no rise risers for a while but my neck started bothering me. I can compare it to my buddy's bmw s1000r.
With the risers its alot better for everyday. But as a weekend bike canyon or track only no risers all the way.

#32 ·
I liked, never thought in this style and it fits incredible well, nice job.

Let me ask you one thing, I suppose the wind at the head got better, but what would you say regarding the arms?

I have difficulty with the wind over 200km(120miles)/h staying my forearms down, the side wind wanna take them up hard. I couldn't find a model that would help that, I wonder if you got any difference at the side wind.

#39 ·
Behind that there is an 8mm bolt. After that where the unit splits in the middle that could be pulled out. It's. Slip joint. The connections are in the headlight housing. Unclip the connection from the harness, re mount the signal with the fork bracket and route the best way possible the same hole you came out of at the back of the headlight and re connect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.