Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stuffed a repaired 650cc engine back in the chassis and found this green connector under the seat. It's on the left side near the battery tray and comes up alongside the positive battery lead.
Can anyone tell me what it's for?
I have another SV650 but don't have access to it at present to compare.
Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
And also from the front of the bike this little connector. Anyone?
I was thinking it might be a lead to the clutch switch alas no. I jumped it and cooked the turn signal fuse :)

So followed the wiring schematics and I believe this is for the 650S which has a center light in the fairing? This is a naked 650 so no real need for it. I'll cover it up and will label it so I don't get stumped again lol.

I'm not sure what that green connector in the battery tray section is. I'll look closer but it must be the side stand signal connection?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay so update, the green connector looks like the side stand switch connection. As shown in the wiring schematics. B/W and G (green). Here's the lead I found from the side stand switch itself.
So the previous owner T tapped near the connector to resolve the broken side stand leads So that makes sense now. And I'll sink the t-tap back in now that I realize why he had it there. I don't want the side stand switch anyways as I'll remove the kickstand on trackdays, if the track opens this summer :-/

All I'm looking for now is the clutch switch connection as I see the previous owner bolted on an aftermarket clutch perch and lever but no clutch switch. The schematics show there is a clutch switch in the system so I'll have to find that connection and jump it so the starter relay will flip.

These are the gremlins that a $350 bike comes with lol.
When I get this thing going, it will be under $400 for the little things I had to repair and will make a fun rain/spring/fall/track day bike :)
Fork seals and new 20wt fork oil is up next, assuming the engine runs well. It was smoking a bit off the front cylinder so replaced the head gasket and exhaust side valve seals.
And adjusted the valves, I think it was only a couple shims I had to replace.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts