Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my pair system on my 06 sv650s. Now the FI light comes on. I know I need to put a resistor in it. Has anyone done this? Any pics would be helpful?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Do I need to remove my pair system? I'm installing a full yosh trs titanium exhaust with a power commander. Also do I need to order a new header gasket?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do I need to remove my pair system?
No. Disabling it only prevents the popping you'll hear during deceleration due to clean air being injected into the exhaust. It's mostly a cosmetic concern. Removing it altogether will save you a little weight. It's up to you; leaving it on harms nothing.

·
Registered
177 Posts
No. Disabling it only prevents the popping you'll hear during deceleration due to clean air being injected into the exhaust. It's mostly a cosmetic concern. Removing it altogether will save you a little weight. It's up to you; leaving it on harms nothing.

How common is the popping noise? Is it a for sure thing that I will have it once the new exhaust is installed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
How common is the popping noise? Is it a for sure thing that I will have it once the new exhaust is installed.
I can hear it with my stock exhaust, but it doesn't bother me. It will almost assuredly be more noticeable with your new exhaust. Try it and see, you can always disable the PAIR afterwords if the popping bothers you (the easy way is to just plug the PAIR intake hose with a rubber plug or a ball bearing).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks for the help mattb. I'll wait to see how bad it is. If it bothers me that much I'll disable/remove it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts