Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm looking for the resistance of the low fuel sensors when they're empty. Full they're about 1000 ohms, and my assumption is that the resistance drops to a much lower value when the tank empties.

Is there anyone out there with an empty fuel tank and a multimeter?

I'm trying to do the ever-annoying fuel light -> 2x LEDs mod... Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would appreciate some info here as well.
My fuel light stopped functioning some years ago - dealer fixed at service.
I'm not sure if it still works as I don't let the fuel get down too far.
If there is an electronic whizkid out there, maybe a scale of ohms vs fuel qty would be good for all of us to know.
TIA

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yeah, I need to know this too for my new gauges... i'm supposed to put in the resistance for the fuel... which color wire is the fuel on the gauges anyway?

my dad has a multimeter and I should be low on gas in a day...

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nexus! Glad you chimed in. You've got LEDs hooked up for your low-fuel light(s), right? How do you have it wired up? I tried hooking up the circuit that Syscrush posted a while ago (April of '07), but wasn't able to get it to work, so I'm going to try a different route now.

I appreciate the post from the service manual, and it may help the other guys that jumped into this thread, but I understand how it works, I just need the detail. I guess I'll just have to ride some more until my tank empties and check the resistance just before I strand myself.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
No LEDs they are light bulbs, just like the OEM lights, that came with the Vapor dashboard.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, thanks!

I've been keeping an eye on your "transformation" thread. I definitely like the green. Can't wait to see it done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts