Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Advanced search, can you enable wildcard for the 'Search for' tag?

According to this forum, it's should be an option.
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,580.new.html

Reason why, I want to either:
a) Search for the all the posts of a particular user
or
b) Search for all the posts in a given date range.
or
c) A Combination of the two.

phpbb had this functionality when we used it. (And most other forum software does as well, vb, phpbb, etc.)

Thanks,
Mark

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
ttt

:)

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
I have a q for the mods along w/the q's brought up about the search function, including:
1. Why is there a hidden feature for users when one can look at a user's profile and are able to see when said person was last active? Isn't the whole point of not choosing to check the "Show others your online status?" box so that others aren't able to tell when you're online?

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Humm I just checked on SVDownunder since they have the same software and you can't do a simple search for all posts by a user there either. You can't even put an * in what to search for.

This is the suck.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nexus242 said:
Humm I just checked on SVDownunder since they have the same software and you can't do a simple search for all posts by a user there either. You can't even put an * in what to search for.

This is the suck.
Yupppers, I agree. Hence the request.

·
Registered
482 Posts
question. Can't you just look at the person's profile and then click on the last posts of this person link? Just trying to help a bit.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
theoldguy said:
question. Can't you just look at the person's profile and then click on the last posts of this person link? Just trying to help a bit.
Yes, but that doesn't allow you to do date ranges, as was one of the other options. Plus, it's more difficult to FIND the person's profile unless your already looking at one of their posts, then it is to know their handle. Try finding them through them members list, and you'll see what I mean...

Realistically, this is something EVERY other forum program I know supports. It's ludcrist that this software doesn't allow it, especially since it's such an easy 'fix' (I know, I write/work/support with Database software everyday.)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Quick somebody get senior gumpy on this problem and get it fixed quick!!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sauron said:
Yes, but that doesn't allow you to do date ranges, as was one of the other options. Plus, it's more difficult to FIND the person's profile unless your already looking at one of their posts, then it is to know their handle. Try finding them through them members list, and you'll see what I mean...

Realistically, this is something EVERY other forum program I know supports. It's ludcrist that this software doesn't allow it, especially since it's such an easy 'fix' (I know, I write/work/support with Database software everyday.)
Believe me, I understand, completely! I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or demeaning... I was just trying to help. Yes, it should be somewhere in there, but, if we give gump a few days *maybe less*, he'll come up with something ;) Either that, or insite a riot of some sort on the board. Either way, we're all entertained for a short amount of time... which is the point of SVR... to be entertaingly informed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts