Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new around these parts, been riding for a while though. For funsies, here's my progression:

1979 Honda CM185T
1984 Honda VF500 Interceptor
1992 Honda CBR600 F2*
1998 Kawasaki ZX-7R
2001 Yamaha FZ1
2006 Suzuki GSXR-1000*
2007 Suzuki DRZ-400SM
2003 Suzuki SV-1000S
1992 Honda VTR250 (w/FT500 engine)

bold
= still/currently in the stable
asterisk (*) = RIP

I ended up on a SV1000 because I had mostly just ridden 4 bangers and figured it was time to try some different engine configurations. Back when I had the CBR600 I tried a friend's SV650 and found it really easy to ride well. I figured if I could get something like the 650 but with a few more cubes that would be a hot setup and I was right, I love this bike. It does all the dumb GSXR type meatheaded sportbike stuff but just, right off idle. Power is just right for every turn no matter where you are in the revs. Unless you're really trying to go fast, but this is mainly a streetbike, so usually no need for that.

· Registered
6,244 Posts
Welcome! I haven't owned an SV1000 myself, but have ridden friends. They are a blast! :)

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! I haven't owned an SV1000 myself, but have ridden friends. They are a blast! :)
I ordered a rear sprocket that was +2 teeth over stock and received one that was +5. Since it was like $30 I said what the heck and threw it on. Holy crap the thing is a brute.
I still have that sprocket on my bike, and have no plans to replace it til it's shot. I guess I lose some top end but could not care less, haha

· Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,759 Posts
Welcome to SVR Bunch. That's quite a stable! Have fun and share some pics of your 1000.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stable is deep at the moment, for sure.
Good call though, I should poast some pics of the bike(s).

SV in it's natural habitat, out haunting the squiggly roads in one place or another.

Sky Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

SV and Durz pitted up at The Ridge

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Who says dunlop Q3s and Q4's aren't adventure touring tires?

Tire Sky Helmet Wheel Vehicle

That crazy ass vtr250/ft500 hybrid bike that I picked up. Still have yet to really start working on it.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts