Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the black piece that goes underneath, and I just ordered the Fairing and the Headlights. I think these are the only pieces I need. Is this a hard job to do? I know I dont have the stuff in front of me but I would like a few comments here on the board before I start. Also do I have to adjust my headlights or are they just in place when you put them in? If there isnt anything Im thinking of please feel free to descibe or attach pics of your job of repairing your.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I shimmed the two top mounting screws on the headlights to raise them a bit, it wasnt much but it was nicer. They dont "need" to be adjusted in the stock position though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
evilbologna said:
I shimmed the two top mounting screws on the headlights to raise them a bit, it wasnt much but it was nicer. They dont "need" to be adjusted in the stock position though.

I dont understand, and I'm sure I am just not thinking of this right, but if you shimm the top ones wouldnt that make them point down more.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Jon Mueller said:
I dont understand, and I'm sure I am just not thinking of this right, but if you shimm the top ones wouldnt that make them point down more.
No, if you put the washers between the mounting point on the headlight and the mounting plate on the fairing, it will widen the gap, therefore rotating the headlights upward while making the lower mounting point the axis that it is rotating on. It is sort of confusing, but if you pull it apart it'll probably make more sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts