Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the stock clutch discs / plates / springs out and measured all of them. The springs are much shorter than the new OEM ones I bought! According to the manual the service length is 2.20" I believe. Some of mine were as low as 2.10"! The bike only has 7600 miles on it!!

I also checked the steel plates - there is some slight warpage with a few of them (I took the .004" feeler to them). The actual friction plates aren't that bad - but I am going to replace everything. I can't understand why this thing is in such bad shape! I really didn't beat on the bike.

Anyone have any ideas as to why the stock springs wore out so quickly?

T

·
0 Posts
maybe they were shorter to start with.dont trust manual on everything.I have seen new ones at exactly minimum lenght.I use 3 stock ones and 3 barnett springs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 16K miles on my bike now and i think i am going to need a new clutch soon. Its realllllly hard to find neutral i've noticed and the shifting is not as smooth as it once was, its actually pretty choppy, even after an oil change. How hard is it to replace the clutch yourself? Anybody know good places online to buy a new clutch?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts