Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the bar end weights on a newly bought k5 650s but made the silly mistake of un doing the end bolt too far so its now out completely. I'm now left with bolt and slider that won't screw tightly back in again and the rubber stuck with nothing to pull it out with.
Is there a way to get the bolt to tighten up properly again to get purchase on the rubber? Or is there another way to remove the rubber?

This is all very new to me. First bike and only had it for a month so I don't really know what I'm doing yet. I was expecting this to be an easy job ...

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Take the other side out and use compressed air and soapy water to shoot it out so it dents the fender of your neighbor's Mercedes.

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
Take all the pieces off the bolt and the bolt should thread into the rubber piece on the inside. Once it is threaded you should be able to push it in very slightly to loosen the grip of the rubber piece (be careful not to push it all the way in) and use a pliers or something similar to pull it out of the bar. It may take a bit of wiggling.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Take all the pieces off the bolt and the bolt should thread into the rubber piece on the inside. Once it is threaded you should be able to push it in very slightly to loosen the grip of the rubber piece (be careful not to push it all the way in) and use a pliers or something similar to pull it out of the bar. It may take a bit of wiggling.
This or something similar. This happened to me also, i just took the bolt and stuck it in the threads of the rubber inside, and pulled it out by pulling the bolt. Since the bolt is threaded into the rubber, it should come out also. Don't thread the bolt all the way in though, just a few turns is needed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts