Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching the web (except ebay) for replacement plastic for my bike. The P.O. had laid it down and I would like to fix it up. Any one know where I could still find some?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darn... I was afraid of that. I managed to find a company that made after market plastics but they wanted $650 just for the front, not painted. I didn't even know there was a For Sale section on this forum (I'm still a newbie on here ;) ) so I will venture out and find it. Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Not sure you will want this, but I have the left front side fairing(Antares Red) from my '01 SV650S. Unfortunately it too has been down. There is a fixable crack and some road rash as well. Would need to be repaired and repainted, probably not desirable for you. But, it's free except for shipping, which would require a somewhat large box, not sure what shipping to PA from NJ would be. I can PM you some pics for you to look at. It's been sitting in a garage for years, I'm getting ready to send it to the recycling center.

Just so you know, Airtech Streamlining sells full replacement fiberglass body parts for the 1gen SV, gesso coated but not painted.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the offer RMAN, however the front of mine is not cracked, just scuffed pretty good, the worst of mine is the rear back is cracked pretty bad. I will look into Airtech, thanks for the lead on that.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I didn't want to start a new thread on this so I'll just add on here. I decided on Airtech for the front end, I'm leaning towards that ATX kit I just want to do some research on it first as far as quality/ reliability for that price.

Still trying to figure out the rear, if I go oem on the front then I will stick to oem for the rear, however if I go with the ATX kit I may look into a different tail. Airtech has the race tail but I ride 2up once in a while and that race tail looks a bit uncomfortable for a passenger :lmao:

So on to the point of my post, what other tails work well with the gen 1? I know anything can work, but my main concern would be that the tail accepts the rear seat and looks good. Any suggestions? I am trying to get all my ducks in a row before I start a build thread (which should be a good source of entertainment for you guys/gals that are good at building bikes... I am not :) )

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found a painted rt. side fairing section at my dealer......$252 dollars .
ouch...

I guess I'm going back on the ATX fairings. Airtech does have the S upper fairings so it looks like I will be doing that and trying to get the scratches out of the tail plastics and have the whole bike painted.

Not true. I have the stock seat on mine and a 01 gsxr tail. That is what Drexel tools were invented for.
out of curiosity do you still have a rear seat?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have complete svs front end if your interested. I have the whole front clip, gauges, bezel, fairing stay. All taken off for a fighter conversion, minor mark on one side but otherwise in good shape (silver). If someone where to take the whole package so I don't have to pick and choose through it, I'd let it go for not a bad price..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts