Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have you guys used/liked? I've got one out, need some replacements. Are they hard to change?

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
There has been a bunch of bulb discussion in the past...check out the search function. I have read favorable info. on:

Sylvania silverstars

Sylvania Extravision

PIAA extreme whites

Hopefully, somebody else can help you with the changing issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What is the maximum wattage these headlamps can handle. I have some 100watt bulbs I wanna install, but I dont want to melt anything.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I would stick with the 55/60 Watt H4's. There are 2 of them so you are already pulling 120 watts with your brights on

·
Registered
26 Posts
The problem I am having is that my buddies single stock light with one silverstar bulb is brighter then my dual headlamp setup with silverstar bulbs.

·
Registered
200 Posts
durx said:
What have you guys used/liked? I've got one out, need some replacements. Are they hard to change?
i run the Silverstars and for the $$ I am very pleased.

P.s. where did you order the Bates lights from???

Y

·
0 Posts
FilthyRich said:
durx said:
i run the Silverstars and for the $$ I am very pleased.

P.s. where did you order the Bates lights from???
Busters in the UK

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
texinteg said:
The problem I am having is that my buddies single stock light with one silverstar bulb is brighter then my dual headlamp setup with silverstar bulbs.
That's because your buddy's single stock lamp has a better beam pattern than the Bates lights. The stock reflector is computer designed to focus the light most effectively for an H4 bulb. This is one of the reasons I switched back from the Bates lights to the stock setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts