Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that the sole is detaching from the front part of my left boot. When I was riding home last weekend, I was stretching my legs and accidentally touched the ground going about 70 mph. I think that may have done it. Should I just have the sole glued back on or is there a reason I really should replace them?

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
use Gorilla glue and a vise. The glue expands quite a bit and will fill the voids better. You will need to trim the bit that expands out too far, and maybe color it black with a sharpie...but it will hold like nothing else.
Shoe goo will at times shear and then it's lost it's adhesion.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I have used Shoegoo on Moto boots, fix my mom's shoes, tennis and it has never failed me. Yes Gorilla will do it too but Shoe goo is more of a Silicone so it flexes. Like Strigamort asked what kind are they? I just got new soles for my 5 yo Sidis for $20 and getting them put on for $60. $80 is better than $350!!

·
Banned
686 Posts
I used Shoe Goo on my my old motorbiking boots, and it worked flawlessly. It finally failed only after constant toe-dragging wore through them, and the inside soles wore out. This was after using several other types of adhesive with very poor results, including rubber cement, Super Glue, Gorilla Glue, 2-part industrial epoxy, and whatever that stuff is that attracts girls to Justin Beiber.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts