Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my exhaust off last night for some minor modification and decided 100% the color of my bike will change over the winter. Currently I have a black frame, swingarm and wheels.
All of that will stay. I might get the wheels powdercoated (they are painted now with some chips)

I am also fairly positive that the color with be a base/ clear flat paint. I don't want any shine and have always been a fan of flat paint. I thought about going the primer route, even painting it myself with a spray can. However, I might just give it to my buddy and have him shoot it---has painted many bikes, mostly race bikes.

I also thought about swapping my tank and race tail with another 1st gen, but unless they are local I will just respray what I have.

All this talk lately of people redoing their bikes over the winter has created my own itch.

Now the bike is in pieces, so time to scratch ;D

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
FilthyRich said:
All this talk lately of people redoing their bikes over the winter has created my own itch.
They make a topical cream for that, you know....
;)

Im with ya there- I would love to go flat black with mine, but I would need a spare tank and tail before I got the dogs-dangly's to actually do it. I would always want to be able to go back to the blue at somepoint.
Im with ya on the flat paint color.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
FilthyRich said:
What can I say. I get bored and....I will have pics up later of the recent exhaust mod. Nothing much, but different nonetheless
Gosh, what a waste of time and money ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nudist said:
Gosh, what a waste of time and money  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
what is a waste??? I don't get it. The paint job is not new or perfect. Plus I bought it with gloss black w/ blue stripe. I want it to be ALL mine. I am also planning on painting it myself or have my good friend spray it---I sponsor his race bike so the labor is free.

The exhaust mod was also DIY

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Sorry dude, was a joke.... some twit in another thread was saying how mods are a waste of time and money, and wont make you any faster.... 8)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Filthy-- Nudist has a bad case of the same affliction. Don't mind him, he's only funnin' ... 8)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nudist said:
Sorry dude, was a joke.... some twit in another thread was saying how mods are a waste of time and money, and wont make you any faster....  8)
no worries ;D
I could care less about going faster. I sold my R1 for an SV.
It handles phenominally and it looks oh so sexy.

Screw the critics

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
FilthyRich said:
no worries ;D
I could care less about going faster. I sold my R1 for an SV.
It handles phenominally and it looks oh so sexy.

Screw the critics
Yep I sold my CBR and my Gixxer 750 for mine....

I could smoke myself on my SV ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.