Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I lost interest in my bike and its appearance after a low side last year.

I decided I'd give the SV a new look! My friend owns a wheel shop and painted the wheels and body after I did the prep work.

As I was putting it together I thought it all looked too dark, but then it all came together IMO with the wheels.

I changed from tech spec to stomp grip tank grips to try something new, and I properly wrapped the DEI exhaust wrap and applied their high temp paint, much better than before!

Only thing I really want to do in the future is swap to a GSXR front end, and maybe send the rear shock to race-tech. Its a great bike and now has 23k+ miles!

Mods list:

*Leo HM slip on w/DEI exhaust wrap/paint
*K&N drop in, de-snorkeled air box
*Sonic springs .95 front w/20W
*ZX14 rear shock
*GSXR steering damper
*Spiegler lines black w/gold banjos
*Corbone Lorraine SBK5 pads
*Puig DB light smoke windscreen
*Pazzo levers black/gold adjusters
*Stomp grip tank pads
*Small front turn signals
*Brake light flasher mod
*GYB versa light, brake and turn signals wired (bottom of rear tag)
*OEM seat cowl
*OEM underbelly
*LED tag lights
*Motosliders
*DDM H4 hi/lo 4500K
*Ram Mount for Garmin GPS
*Fused 12V power outlet
*Bohemian Racing GSX-R Rearsets w/extended pegs
*GSXR rear master cylinder
*520 chain conversion - gold
*Michelin Power Pure tires
*added recently - greatdaytoride.com LD seat mod! REVIEW BELOW

Before

After (pre tank grips, paint was curing)

This weekend at Carlisle bike show

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!

Also forgot to add I added a GSXR steering damper and mount from SV member nuculor.

I drained the old factory fluid, put in 10W and bled the air and the damper firmed up considerably. I really like the mod, cost about $100 in total and made the bike much less nervous, especially on these tires which turn in quickly. I also added a GSXR rear master cylinder as those rear-sets didnt get along well with my factory MC.

Random cell pics...

Better shot of tank grips and new tag lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you!

Changing what I believe to be original spark plugs to new OEM plugs has helped my gas mileage. I'm back to consistently averaging 45-46mpg even when ragged hard. It had dropped on my bike to 41-43mpg. I also did the coolant which I believe to be original but still in decent shape during this redo.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Excellent choice of greys, seriously.

·
Administrator
11,056 Posts
Photogenic!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
David that is an OEM bellypan.

Thanks for the comments guys!

I want to sit this next to a newer OEM grey SV. I believe mine is darker, I just want to see how much in person. At dusk the color almost turns to black. I had a coworker ask me why I painted my bike black lol.

More random cell pics, my boy Torque in one of them. He chilled in the garage with me all day every minute of the project:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wanted to update this as I received my seat back from Spencer at www.greatdaytoride.com

I've put about 400 miles on it the past 10 or so days. The seat kicks a$$!

I asked him to mod it in any way shape or form, BUT keep the stock height. I hated my friends Corbin which was 1" lower.

I sent him 2 pictures of me on the bike and told him the areas I disliked and he took care of it. The front of the seat is actually every so slightly thinner, it helps transitions on back roads from side to side. The back where I sit when cruising is nice and "firm" and over time on the highway I don't feel like I'm sinking in.

Visually its hard to see the difference, but the side edges have been decreased and the upper thigh pain is gone. The back of the seat is slightly wider and flatter. Best $75 Ive spent on the bike!!! I did the upgrade LD mod.

Cell phone pic below.

·
Premium Member
4,342 Posts
Further small touches of gold might work well. Anodized gold bolts or pin striping come to mind.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its hard to match all the gold. The chain, the lever adjusters, the brake line banjo bolts, the wheels.

Ive thought of adding a Suzuki "S" on the tank to break up the color, but haven't found custom colors for decals online, it might be something I have done locally.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
4,342 Posts
Its hard to match all the gold.
On how many parts can you just use the same paint as the wheels? Excluding the shiny metal bits, any decal could be painted directly on the bike by a good enough artist (which I’m certainly not). Old school pin striping was done by hand; there must be people who can still do that. You just better be certain what you want before the paint hits.

Oh, and sweet looking bike! Reminds me of the JPS colors.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts