Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Woodcraft rearsets and clipons earlier this month and got the LP headlight brackets this morning. I hope to get everything installed early next week.

What exactly is involved in removing the stock headlight brackets? The service manual talk about removing the wheel and forks...

Can I just remove the grips and the handle bar, loosen the fork pinch bolts, then take off the steering stem head nut? Then lift the top triple off and slide the stock brackets off the top of the fork tubes? (The manual talks about using a special tool to remove the ignition switch and disconnecting the instrument cluster...) Also, does one of the tools in the kit that comes with the bike fit the steering stem head nut?

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah just take off the steering stem head nut after the handlebars and what not. i didnt need to take off the forks, wheel, or the ignition switch.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the grips? I replaced the grips on my first bike, a '75 CB400/4 - since I had replacement grips ready to go I think I ended up just cutting the old ones off (but I'm not sure). How do you get them off the bars? And how are they supposed to just slide onto the clip-on bars?

:?

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Steering stem nut (I think it's 30mm)
pinch bolts
remove turn signals
remove headlight
remove handlebars and stuff

you get the triple clamp off by tapping it off with a rubber mallet or a piece of wood (it will be a little stuck).
headlight brackets lifts straight off after clamp is removed.

Congratulations, now your cables are too long  :D
The brake hose will be way too long, I replaced mine with a stock SVS hose, the cables aren't too bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts