Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
855 Posts
They are a paired set. Basically remove the tank, remove the airbox, then remove the carbs. They are only held on by two clamps at the boots. Use a long IIRC straight slot screw driver to loosen the screws on the clamps.

FYI there are a total of 4 clamps, 1 for each boot(2 engine side, 2 airbox side)

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Find the service manual on this site and others. Perfect step by step write up in there.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
service manual is in the mail now. i got the carbs off, totally cleaned, and put back on. no difference in it running. still does this little back fire puff thing out through the top of the front carb. and its almost like i misses, making a quick vacuum noise, then it catches back up with itself. and the rpms still stay high when i shift.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
service manual is in the mail now. i got the carbs off, totally cleaned, and put back on. no difference in it running. still does this little back fire puff thing out through the top of the front carb. and its almost like i misses, making a quick vacuum noise, then it catches back up with itself. and the rpms still stay high when i shift.

Have you checked the valve adjustment? And, are you sure there are no vacuum leaks? Either can cause problems like you have. Blockage in the pilot circuit can too....when you say 'totally cleaned', this was a complete tear-down and cleaning of every passage? If not...you might need it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After i took them off the bike, a took the flappy black things at the top off and cleaned. Sprayed cleaner everywhere into the jets. The main jet I think squirts cleaner back up the jet that's in the middle and vise versa. I think the jet on the right side of the bike is the only one that cleaner squirts down. Could it be a plug too? When I cleaned it the first time, I accendently pulled the wire for the selonoid and the front cylinder didn't fire. Possibly fouling the plug?

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
After i took them off the bike, a took the flappy black things at the top off and cleaned. Sprayed cleaner everywhere into the jets. The main jet I think squirts cleaner back up the jet that's in the middle and vise versa. I think the jet on the right side of the bike is the only one that cleaner squirts down. Could it be a plug too? When I cleaned it the first time, I accendently pulled the wire for the selonoid and the front cylinder didn't fire. Possibly fouling the plug?
OK. You cleaned the carbs, but did NOT clean places that might be contributing to your issues. Sorry.:) The plugs over the idle mixture screws should come out...as well as the screws. Remove the bowls. Shoot cleaner in the mixture screw holes until you see it coming out of the pilot jet and air bleed. It is easier if you remove the jets to get at the passageways that need cleaning. It sounds like you might have a blocked pilot jet. Got to get in there and make sure everything INSIDE is clean.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet. will do. ill tear it completely apart tomorrow and hope it all goes back together the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts