Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt the original owner even knew you could polish the pipes it looks so bad. I'd rather take the front pipe off the bike to polish it than keep it on the bike. I loosened its connections but couldn't quite pull it out and I didn't want to pull too hard to bend it too far. Do I have to take off the exhaust starting from the muffler to get that from pipe off? Or should I not be so cautious when trying to yank it out? Thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
You dont have to take off the muffler but there is a connection between the front and back header that you will have to at least loosen ALOT. Swivel it back and forth a bit to get it out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a few connections for the exhaust so should I just go ahead and loosen them all or is there a specific connection you're talking about?

·
Registered
364 Posts
These are only one you should have to loosen to front header

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I loosened both of those connections and I can get the pipe out of the block but it seems it has a ways to go out of the pipe leading to the muffler. I just don't want to force it and bend or break something. I'll fiddle some more with it soon.

·
Registered
364 Posts
There is about 2-3 inches of pipe that goes into the back header. If you separate it from the block and rotate it left and right you should be able to slide it out. Make sure you apply pressure towards the front of the bike and not at an angle and you should be OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts